ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

1080p input, but 720p ouput

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Jansen1080p input, but 720p ouput
by on Jun 26, 2015 at 2:53:32 am

I am still a novice with Premiere, so please forgive my ignorance. I'm trying to create a little movie. My imported input files are all 1080p, and I successfully put together a little sequence with a sound track etc.

But when I get to the export settings, the source info says Source: Sequence, Sequence 01 720x480.
I'm not sure why this happens, because all my source images are 1080p (as listed under properties).

Is there some setting that I need to adjust, or is my initial files setup all wrong.

I'm getting a very grainy interlaced result at the moment.

premiere.jpg [x]

Return to posts index

Chris TompkinsRe: 1080p input, but 720p ouput
by on Jun 26, 2015 at 12:47:47 pm

Make sure your settings look like this pic:

Adjust frame rate accordingly.

Chris

Return to posts index

Michael JansenRe: 1080p input, but 720p ouput
by on Jun 26, 2015 at 8:26:16 pm

Thank you Chris, I will make sure to do that. Still trying to find my way around Premiere.

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: 1080p input, but 720p ouput
by on Jun 26, 2015 at 6:28:50 pm

It looks like your sequence settings are wrong. You are editing HD footage on a SD timeline. Make sure your sequence is set to 1920x1080.

Return to posts index

by on Jun 26, 2015 at 8:23:33 pm

Thanks for your reply! Yes it worked, I will know next time to start off with 1920x1080 setting. Still have much to learn...

Return to posts index

by on Jun 26, 2015 at 9:25:23 pm

An easy way to make sure your sequence matches your footage is to drag any clip onto the New Sequence button. This will automatically create a sequence with the same settings as the clip. You can then delete the clip and the sequence will retain its properties.

Return to posts index

by on Jun 26, 2015 at 10:13:25 pm

Thanks Daniel, I will try that with my next video. Your advice is very helpful.

Below is a Youtube link to the movie I've beem working on. I managed to get a much better result with your advice, and it looks great. Not that great on Youtube though, not sure if there are any settings to improve the Youtube result.

Return to posts index

by on Jun 26, 2015 at 11:31:31 pm

I watched it on YouTube and think it looks good for a YouTube upload. I noticed some compression artifacts, particularly in the shadows, but a lot of that is likely the result of YouTube's own compression. Did you export using Premiere's YouTube preset? When exporting, if you select H.264 as your format, then scroll to the bottom of the list of presets, you will see the YouTube selections. That should get you the best result from your end.

Thanks for the shoutout on the YouTube comment ;)

Return to posts index

by on Jun 27, 2015 at 8:29:41 am

Thanks again Daniel. I'll experiment with some Youtube settings. Just glad I managed to figure out the sequence settings. Shot some more aerial footage today so itching to edit that into a movie. Still many Premiere tricks to learn.

Have a good weekend. Mike.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]