ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Premier ProRes conform for FCP

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack BonnettPremier ProRes conform for FCP
by on Jun 25, 2015 at 4:38:25 pm

Hi All,

Sorry if this is a silly 'read the manual dumba**' question coming from a long time FCP user new(ish) PP user. I've got a 3 camera interview to edit in Premier pro shot on Sony Cams on AVCHD with the mics synced up to camera 2.

The Edit has been offlined in Premier using the original MTS files and sent through to me. The tricky bit is I think I'm going to have to finish it off in FCP 7 (I'm a dinosaur I know). The trouble is although I've got a readable XML out of Premier into FCP it's having trouble with things like split AVCHD clips that premier has automatically joined together (FCP thinks the duration is just the first part of the clip but doesn't recognise that there is a follow on bit) making relinking to my ProRes files manually a bit of a nightmare.

Is there a way to conform the edit to ProRes, and generate ProRes files that I can then bring over to FCP from within Premier now that the edit is complete? Kind of like media managing from within FCP? Create a new project sequence with the original edit but with ProRes content generated from the master clips rather than the MTS files that it currently uses?

Does that make sense? I'm not sure it does to tell the truth!!?

Anyway thanks for the help.....

Return to posts index

Alex UdellRe: Premier ProRes conform for FCP
by on Jun 25, 2015 at 4:45:09 pm

Hi...

You should be able to transcode and consolidate your sequence in PPro...

then generate the XML from that...

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/trim-or-copy-project.html

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX

Return to posts index

Jack BonnettRe: Premier ProRes conform for FCP
by on Jun 25, 2015 at 5:39:12 pm

Thank you Alex,

This is exactly what I was hoping to find. My system only has CS6 on it which doesn't provide the Move and Transcode option, just move which explains my issues. Fortunately I have access to a system with CC on it so I'll give it a go when it's free.

It's annoying because the un bridged clips in the project come across to FCP fine and link back up to the FCP log and transfer prores files just great. Unfortunately there are two 14min takes that completely throw it out of whack as it doesn't understand the join between the two MTS files. At least on my XML.

Once again thanks for the speedy reply and I'll see how it's all gone in the morning.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]