ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

5.1 Audio - Trailer Edit Workflow

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Holmes5.1 Audio - Trailer Edit Workflow
by on Jun 25, 2015 at 1:51:04 am

Hi,

I am about to begin editing a trailer for feature film. The film has 5.1 audio and we will be sending the final trailer to be mixed in 5.1 by a professional studio.

I wondering what the best workflow is for editing with 5.1, in terms of being able to spit out a neat and tidy OMF for the mixers. For example, do I lay it out as L, C, R, LS, RS, M&E perfectly? Or do I have more freedom than that to create more tracks?

To me, a more instinctive way to go would be to have 2 x mono dialogue tracks (in case of overlapping dialogue), 4 x mono SFX tracks and 2 x Stereo Music Tracks - And let the mixers work their magic as they see fit.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben

Return to posts index

David GaudioRe: 5.1 Audio - Trailer Edit Workflow
by on Jun 26, 2015 at 6:06:47 am

Hi Ben,

I'm also a trailer editor and have done exactly what you're about to go through. Once I edited a trailer using the 5.1 stems of dialogue, effects, and music - which was so unwieldy every time I had to make an edit that I wanted to scream.

Your preferred method of using stereo stems and letting the mixers do their work creating a 5.1 output is definitely the way to go.

Cheers,

David

Return to posts index

Ben HolmesRe: 5.1 Audio - Trailer Edit Workflow
by on Jun 29, 2015 at 2:32:46 am

Hi David,

Thanks for the great response. It was exactly what I wanted to know. Cheers!

Ben

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]