ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

First effort with Multicam

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon DoughtieFirst effort with Multicam
by on Jun 24, 2015 at 2:39:24 pm

I hunted through the FAQ and posts and read documentation, but didn't find (or perhaps didn't understand) my answers, so here goes. . .

Shot with two cams - Panasonic 370 and JVC 890. Sound coming only from the 370.

On import (via Media Browser) the 370 footage is correctly identified as P2 and comes in as one contiguous clip. Footage from the 890 comes in as four clips. It is continuous, no stopping/restarting.

Do I make a sequence with the four clips from the 890, nest that, and select the one P2 clip and the nested sequence to create my multicam? How do I keep sound from only the 370?

Thanks in advance for your patience and help.

Return to posts index

Alex UdellRe: First effort with Multicam
by on Jun 24, 2015 at 2:52:09 pm

Hi Jon...

1) 890 - if they are contiguous, they can simply be edited back to back on a track in your sequence

2) 370 - can go in sync on a different track, in sync, in the same sequence. the 370 audio can go here as a "reference"

this sequence is then edited as a nest into a second sequence

3) You can then re-add the 370 audio again to this sequence and use the "reference" to match sync. while not necessary, I suggest this if you need access to audio waveform, as they won't pass thru in the nest.

4) with the sequence active, right click the nest clip and choose multi-cam.

5) choose the multi-cam viewer from the wrench in the program monitor. Different from other systems...this actually is part of the program monitor, not the source.

hope that helps...

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX

Return to posts index

Herb SevushRe: First effort with Multicam
by on Jun 24, 2015 at 6:13:54 pm

Alex -

Why not just make a multiclip the normal way and then move the clips to the correct tracks? Way easier.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

Andrew KimeryRe: First effort with Multicam
by on Jun 24, 2015 at 4:47:40 pm

Jon,

IMO the simpliest way is to select all the clips you want in the Project window in PPro, right click, select Make Multicam, tick the approriate options (sync by TC, sync by audio, etc.,) and PPro will do the rest.

Here is a good article from the COW talking about multicam in PPro.

https://library.creativecow.net/sevush_herb/Multicam-Premiere-Pro/1

-Andrew

Return to posts index

Herb SevushRe: First effort with Multicam
by on Jun 24, 2015 at 6:11:58 pm

In the browser choose the 370 clips first, then the 890 clip, then right click and choose make multicam. When the multicam option box comes up choose whatever method you want to sync with, but the important thing is in the Audio area choose "1 Camera" - this will make the multiclip take the audio from the Angle 1 camera, which is why you have to choose the 370 clips first.

After you create the multiclip, right click on it in the browser and choose "open in timeline" (do not double click as that won't do anything.) When you look at your timeline you will see the 370 clips on tracks 1 thru 4. Move all the clips up to track 1 while keeping them in sync with the timeline (use the Option + Up-Arrow key). Move your 890 clip up to track 2 the same way. Close the timeline.

You now have a 2 angle multiclip, angle 1 has the 4 370 clips and provides the audio, angle 2 has the 890 clip.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

Jon DoughtieRe: First effort with Multicam
by on Jun 24, 2015 at 7:51:44 pm

Thanks to all of you. I am "off the dime" now and multi-camming away.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]