ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Decent hardware but Premiere CC 2015 is really slow and doesn't response sometimes.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy KolbDecent hardware but Premiere CC 2015 is really slow and doesn't response sometimes.
by on Jun 24, 2015 at 12:08:45 pm

Hi there,

I have a decent editing system I believe but somehow premiere is super slow.
I get video dropouts very often and sometimes Premiere doesn't respond at all for a few seconds.

The footage I'm editing is mostly RED Dragon mixed with BM Pocket Camera. (all native)

I thought it's the RAID so I updated to a Pegasus R6. I still have the same problems though.

This is my setup with a fresh CC 2015 installation:
2013 Mac Pro Quad 3.7 GHz
32GB RAM
AMD D300 Graphics
Promise Pegasus R6 (I get 800 MB/s)

The only thing that makes me wonder is the RAM. Attached is a screenshot at the moment I'm playing a timeline.
The CPU looks fine.

Is that the problem?

Return to posts index

John-Michael Seng-WheelerRe: Decent hardware but Premiere CC 2015 is really slow and doesn't response sometimes.
by on Jun 27, 2015 at 12:30:10 am

I think adobe may have dropped a stinker... I'm having issues with 10sec or longer hanging across multiple CC2015 applications on multiple computers (both Win and Mac) In premiere, it hangs for 20sec or more when leaving trim mode. I got no further then that because any editing involving trimming was impossible.

I'm far to busy to deal with it now... I'm going to stay on CC'14 and wait for them to fix it.

I'm sorry I haven't got any real advice... but know that you're not alone!

Return to posts index

Lalo DevincheeAudio problem
by on Sep 16, 2016 at 1:49:10 am

So as I record a song and export it I can only hear the beat and not the vocals on my phone unless I plug in headphones I don't understand what the settings need to be on to fix this problem

Return to posts index

Tommy DavidRe: Decent hardware but Premiere CC 2015 is really slow and doesn't response sometimes.
by on Jun 27, 2015 at 5:43:50 pm

It does that. It told me I was out of memory a few minutes ago just from editing a text template in premiere and I'm someone who edits 4k footage all day now. Also the 3 way color corrector, if I mess with the secondary color correction it will usually crash. I got it to auto save every 5 minutes now. It was on 20 minutes and I lost a whole sequence I put together over that.

Return to posts index

JonZ MarZRe: Decent hardware but Premiere CC 2015 is really slow and doesn't response sometimes.
by on Jun 27, 2015 at 11:51:23 pm

Maybe changing the previewing clip size?

check your clip setting:
search and locate in your project bin, right click and chose Sequence Settings. Down the window ther's a previewing codec, chose a less demanding codec (I chose I Frame) and you can set a lower resolution. I am working with 4k res so I lower at about 1080p resolution or lower.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]