ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro shifts In and Out points upon project update

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason MathisPremiere Pro shifts In and Out points upon project update
by on Jun 23, 2015 at 12:22:33 pm

First off, I hate upgrading/updating in the middle of a project, however, as my company has multiple projects going on simultaneously, it's never a "perfect" time to do so, thus we have to be strategic because of course there will be an issue...

We have a project we originally edited in CC2014, and once we updated it into CC2015. Most of the edit is fine, but a few clips shifted their in and out points (it seems completely random) and a few other clips have jumped past the timecode of the footage into an absence of video. Example, the time code ends at 6:17:51:04, but the new trimmed clip has shifted to start 6:17:51:17 which doesn't even exist on the original video (but it may be important to note here, the next file does include this timecode, however, in this instance, the proper clip name is used, the in and outs have simply shifted).

This particular project is small enough to remedy by just going through and shifting to what we originally wanted, but would like to find a solution if I were to have to bring a bigger project into CC2015 from CC2014 to avoid this issue.

I've noticed this issue in the past with a few projects I had to revisit (CS6 to CC project updates), but again, those projects were never a huge inconvenience.

Any advice, tips, tricks, would be great.

Thank you in advance.

Return to posts index

Jason MathisRe: Premiere Pro shifts In and Out points upon project update
by on Jun 23, 2015 at 7:31:53 pm

A little more information that I think may shine some light on the subject...

On this particular project I'm not sure what the cameras were that were used (based on naming, looks like a Canon DSLR and a camera that uses P2 cards). However, all of the clips that are getting danger lines and are going out of sync are from the same camera.

All clips are showing 23.976, however if I Interpret Footage to force the troubled clips to read 24.00 fps, the in and out points are correct as intended. Now it is just as "simple" as interpreting all of those clips and re-doing in and outs to match and it all syncs up.

The footage fps was never modified, it was brought in all as 23.976.

The question I have now as we move forward is... how to make sure this doesn't happen with other projects going from CC2014 to CC2015? (short answer: I've put a ticket into Adobe, but wanted to see if anyone else has come across this issue with other solutions/results?)

Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]