ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro Automatically Unmutes My Audio Tracks When I Play My Video

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kristopher WilePremiere Pro Automatically Unmutes My Audio Tracks When I Play My Video
by on Jun 22, 2015 at 6:30:53 am

I am editing a music video in Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 and am currently syncing my scratch audio with the master recorded audio track from the studio.

I'm running into an issue where I'll mute the scratch audio track of my clip so I only hear the master file, but when I press play (either using the spacebar or by clicking the triangle play button), the track immediately unmutes itself.

I have tried checking the track to see if I accidentally started animating the track, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Can anyone tell me what's going on? is there some kind of setting I'm missing that I need to adjust?

Return to posts index

Blaise DourosRe: Premiere Pro Automatically Unmutes My Audio Tracks When I Play My Video
by on Jun 22, 2015 at 7:12:46 pm

I am having a similar issue, except that mine automatically mutes the track whenever I hit play. I ran into this last week, and solved it by moving all my audio tracks down by one, making the problem track empty. I then deleted the track. It solved it until this morning, when the issue has cropped up again.

Interestingly, I unmuted the track, saved my project and re-opened, and when it re-opened, the track was already muted, despite the fact that I had saved it otherwise.

Perhaps one of the Adobe folks can comment as to whether others have been seeing this problem?

Return to posts index

Kevin MonahanRe: Premiere Pro Automatically Unmutes My Audio Tracks When I Play My Video
by on Jun 22, 2015 at 10:31:55 pm

Hi Blaise,
We are seeing some issues with audio. I've not yet seen this one, but will keep my eye out. You may want to unplug any unnecessary audio devices or even webcams to see if you get better results.

Thanks,
Kevin

Return to posts index

Kristopher WileRe: Premiere Pro Automatically Unmutes My Audio Tracks When I Play My Video
by on Jun 22, 2015 at 10:33:57 pm

I've noticed that if I start playing my video and then mute or unmute the track, then the change to the mute status keeps and won't change. It's only if I do it beforeplaying the video. It's really annoying and is seriously hampering my workflow.

Return to posts index

Blaise DourosRe: Premiere Pro Automatically Unmutes My Audio Tracks When I Play My Video
by on Jun 22, 2015 at 10:46:50 pm
Last Edited By Blaise Douros on Jun 22, 2015 at 10:48:19 pm

Thanks Kevin--I don't have any audio devices (besides headphones) or webcams attached. One other thing that seemed to reverse the issue was unmuting the audio while only one track had sound present (a music bed, while I had removed the video clip audio).

If it's significant at all, the music was an MP3 file at 44.1K, while the clip audio is 48K. Perhaps a bug involving the sample rate when I try to mute/unmute with mixed sample rate media...?

I'm on a Late 2013 iMac, 3.4GHz Core i5, 32 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 775M 2 GB, Yosemite 10.10.3. Latest version of PP.

Offtopic, but I'm also noticing that this version of PP seems to be hungrier for RAM than the last 2014 release. I've gotten pretty regular slowdowns and application "pause" windows for out-of-memory notices, and a glance at the system monitor shows PP maxing out my RAM pretty fast. Editing a sequence with bog-standard 24 mbps h.264 HD media from DSLR and Canon XA20, with a few Dynamic Linked titles from AE that have been render-and-replaced to ProRes, some Warp Stabilizer here and there, Fast Color Corrector. Only other apps running are Firefox (2-4 windows) and Outlook. For whatever that info is worth.

Thanks for being quick to monitor this forum, as always!

Return to posts index

Kristopher WileRe: Premiere Pro Automatically Unmutes My Audio Tracks When I Play My Video
by on Jun 22, 2015 at 10:50:17 pm

Restarting Premiere seemed to fix the problem for me. Will let you know if it pops back up.

Return to posts index

Dillon HayesRe: Premiere Pro Automatically Unmutes My Audio Tracks When I Play My Video
by on Jul 6, 2015 at 8:39:27 pm

Having the same problem, as well as experiencing strange pops in audio (all the way up to 0db) when the playhead hits a new audio clip. This is occurring on clips that aren't peaking above -6 at any point in time. Haven't tried exporting to see if those pops hold during encoding (I imagine it wouldn't), but it does make playback frustrating.

Return to posts index

Mark RelfRe: Premiere Pro Automatically Unmutes My Audio Tracks When I Play My Video
by on Jul 12, 2015 at 4:47:12 am

This version of premier seems to have a lot of audio bugs. These are the ones I've encountered (in my first week of use)

1) messages that tell me that audio files have gone missing (these messages go pretty quick)

2) audio issues cause playback to stop with multicam.

3) Glitch sounds all over the place

4) Beeping sounds on my exports (in the same place where the glitch sounds are)

5) tracks muting/un-muting when I hit play

Sound is often an after-thought for many video folks. I'm guessing it was an after thought for adobe when they were bug testing as well. I love how feature rich this version of Premier is but they ruin it all when I can't rely on the absolute basics like pressing the spacebar to play or exporting a video on time for delivery.

Return to posts index

Jon DraperRe: Premiere Pro Automatically Unmutes My Audio Tracks When I Play My Video
by on Aug 12, 2015 at 1:13:28 pm

Just posting to say I'm having the same problem here....

Restarting fixes the problem for me...

Jon Draper
Professional 2D & 3D Animator, Corporate Video Designer and Creative ideas man.

http://www.stormystudio.com

Return to posts index

Jon HornbacherRe: Premiere Pro Automatically Unmutes My Audio Tracks When I Play My Video
by on Aug 12, 2015 at 1:55:47 pm

The recent update 9.0.1 fixed this bug.

http://blogs.adobe.com/premierepro/2015/07/premiere-9-0-1.html

Toggling Mute while in playback also fixes it if you haven't done the update.

Jon Hornbacher
EditSquid

Return to posts index

Jon DraperRe: Premiere Pro Automatically Unmutes My Audio Tracks When I Play My Video
by on Aug 12, 2015 at 2:04:51 pm

Ah.. thanks..

I've got the update downloaded and waiting in the CC app.. but it's waiting for me to close Premiere to finish the update...

Through fear of it breaking any effects on a project due for delivery today I've not yet let it finished updating... :-)

(I look forward to it being fixed as I just had the reverse version of the bug where it muted every time I pressed play )

Jon Draper
Professional 2D & 3D Animator, Corporate Video Designer and Creative ideas man.

http://www.stormystudio.com

Return to posts index

Ian PhillipsRe: Premiere Pro Automatically Unmutes My Audio Tracks When I Play My Video
by on Nov 10, 2015 at 11:43:36 am

I also have this issue, I find it far less of of a problem if you mute the tracks whilst the sequence is playing back.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]