ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

2015 13" MacBook Pro w/Intel Iris Pro 6100 Graphics Card Compatible?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Harrington2015 13" MacBook Pro w/Intel Iris Pro 6100 Graphics Card Compatible?
by on Jun 21, 2015 at 3:53:55 pm

Anyone using or know of Mac's Intel Iris Pro 6100 Graphics Card with CC2014 or 2015 products especially Adobe PPro?

A large project requiring Xfer of numerous SXS and SDHC cards in the field dictates that I need to purchase new MacBook Pro, perhaps today. I'd like to spend as little as possible but still end up with a worthwhile Laptop to last a few years. New laptop w/USB3 and ThunderBolt will Xfer cards very quick in comparison to my early 08 MBP.

I continue to edit on my 2010 MacPro and think the newer MBP may eventually replace with a few external accessories plus a big advantage in the field for Xfers and on site editing.

I've completed much research and now slightly confused, some users have no problems while others are dealing with many problems, including Graphic Card issues.

I'm thinking MBP, listed below, fits my budget and much faster than my aging early 2010 MacPro fully loaded.

Summary
13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
3.1GHz Dual-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.4GHz
16GB 1866MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM
512GB PCIe-based Flash Storage
Intel Iris Graphics 6100
Force Touch trackpad
Backlit Keyboard (English) & User's Guide

Your thoughts, suggestions, benchmark reports would be huge help.

Thank you,

Michael Harrington
Mac Pro, Dual Quad-Core Intel Xeon 2.66 GHz, 12 GB, Adobe PP CC 2014, ATI Radeon HD 4870, 30-inch Cine Display, 4 - 1TB internal, G Speed 6TB Raid 5, 1.25TB Esata, Numerous FW 800 external drives, Matrox MX02Max, FSI 17" Broadcast Monitor, Black Magic Mini Sync Generator, Mackie 1402 & Event 20/20 monitors.

Return to posts index

Daniel SametzRe: 2015 13" MacBook Pro w/Intel Iris Pro 6100 Graphics Card Compatible?
by on Jun 22, 2015 at 2:53:18 pm

Hi, Michael

I would choose one with a better videocard so you could use all the power of Cuda or openCL, there are some troubles with Cuda but I think they are getting better since the last upgrades.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]