ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

latest PP CC c-log grading

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kent Beesonlatest PP CC c-log grading
by on Jun 20, 2015 at 5:26:21 am

Shot footage on canon c100 internally on CINEMA profile, which is their c-log, 8-bit, hopefully exposed well...I also recorded to SHOGUN via HDMI which is though streams out 8 bit from c100, it converts or adds 2 more bits to make it 10, Pro Res 422

So question is 1.) how to color correct and grade c-log footage in PP CC 15, and 2.) does the added 2 bits in the SHOGUN make it a better picture or just add 2 bits, but no added picture quality value?

Return to posts index

Paul NeumannRe: latest PP CC c-log grading
by on Jun 20, 2015 at 12:31:09 pm

Had this exact same scenario the other day. Graded the same shot from the AVCHD and the Ninja side by side in Speedgrade. Couldn't tell the difference. Ended up using the AVCHD.

Return to posts index

Kent BeesonRe: latest PP CC c-log grading
by on Jun 20, 2015 at 1:28:20 pm

Were you using cinema/cp9, on canon c100? I exposed keeping highlights below 85% ish, and was wondering if you did the same and do you have much noise in the shots? In speed grade are there any luts you apply or did you grade from scratch? I take it pp cc 2015 isn't good for grading clog or any log shots?

Return to posts index

Paul NeumannRe: latest PP CC c-log grading
by on Jun 20, 2015 at 3:35:41 pm
Last Edited By Paul Neumann on Jun 20, 2015 at 3:36:10 pm

I didn't shoot it so I can't say what CP was used. But I corrected a ProRes clip in SG and then saved off the .look and applied it to the MTS in PPro and it looked EXACTLY the same. That's when I decided to just use the MTS. I've done some extremely low light tests with the C100 and it grades wonderfully. CC2015 will handle those shots just fine if you don't want to go to SG.

I did Cinema DNG with it just yesterday.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]