ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

PPro CC - AVCHD After Copied to HD, Doesn't work the same

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Smith-NaillPPro CC - AVCHD After Copied to HD, Doesn't work the same
by on Jun 19, 2015 at 7:12:06 pm

So, I've done a lot of searching and I'm flummoxed. Please see the attached images. I have shot something on the Sony FS700 and it records in AVCHD format. If I go into Media Browser in PPCC, and I look at the SD card in the reader, then I get this:

This is correct. When I get to the AVCHD folder on the SD card, PPCC automatically chooses AVCHD Directory View, the eye turns blue, and if you try to expand the AVCHD folder then nothing appears. However, if I copy the root "PRIVATE" folder to my hard drive, then I get this:

When I get to the AVCHD directory, the Directory View only has the File View option available, and I can continue down the file structure to the "STREAM" folder. I can bring them in as individual mts files, but it won't bridge them if the recording has been split.

As you can see in the first image, there is a hidden folder named "AVF_INFO" which does not get copied because it's hidden. Previously I revealed the hidden files and moved the entire contents of the SD card to the drive, but that doesn't seem to work.

To add complication to the issue, if I put just the "PRIVATE" folder on my desktop, then it'll open the AVCHD view, however when it's on the large network drive (where I need it to be) then it doesn't read properly.

Any suggestions, comments, answers, questions?

Thanks,
Chris

Adobe Premiere Pro CC, Sony FS700, Mac

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]