ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Adobe Premiere 2015 lagging?!?!

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard LutzAdobe Premiere 2015 lagging?!?!
by on Jun 19, 2015 at 4:17:38 am

I just updated to the latest version of Premiere and I'm experiencing lots of lagging. I have a 2013 MBP and I'm working on a project that is running GH4 footage. Does anybody have any ideas?

Return to posts index

Jake CautyRe: Adobe Premiere 2015 lagging?!?!
by on Jun 20, 2015 at 12:30:45 am

Irritating. Things i'd do: Set playback resolution to lower quality (bottom right menu in playback window).. do a PRAM reset..(hold cmd, alt, p, r on startup, atlas 4 times) Clear media cache in premiere pro (premiere, preferences i think)

Cant think of any others, it may not like it if your sequence settings aren't right, but shouldn't affect too much.. Best of luck

Return to posts index

Michael RonRe: Adobe Premiere 2015 lagging?!?!
by on Jun 22, 2015 at 7:37:48 am

Are you working on a project you started on PP CC14, or is it a new project created in CC15?
Is your project using any special effects, plug-ins etc? And did you make sure the sequence settings match the source footage?

Try clearing your media cache manually:
1. inside PP navigate to Preferences > Media to see where your cache and cache database are saved
2. quit Premiere and navigate to these folders in the finder
3. delete all the files, relaunch PP and let it recreate the cache files.

Also, what graphic card do you have? Do you have the CUDA drivers installed? Are you using GPU acceleration at all (CUDA / Open CL)? And if you are, what happens if you switch to software-only?
Some people have reported CUDA issues after updating to CC15, but removing cache and updating the drivers worked for most.

Return to posts index

Clover CarrollRe: Adobe Premiere 2015 lagging?!?!
by on May 17, 2016 at 9:12:42 pm

How to you update the CUDA drivers?

Clover Carroll
New Story Media
http://www.newstorymedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]