ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

juddering/lost frames when modifying 50fps to 25fps

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Hurleyjuddering/lost frames when modifying 50fps to 25fps
by on Jun 17, 2015 at 10:00:24 pm

Hi there,

Appologies if this is covered in another post but this seems pretty specific and couldn't find anything off the cuff.

I shot a club video with a sony a7s in avchd (at 50fps 28M PS..i think). i have been modifying the clips to 25fps on a 25fps sequence. everything has been going smoothly then all of a sudden after converting the 67th clip something seems to have gone wrong and the slow motion is now very juddery. i was originally modifying each clip individually, if it was one i was going to use. then decided it was too laborious so I selected all the clips in the bin and modified all of them to 25fps. not sure if this is when they started juddering but pretty sure a few were fine after that....

all the clips prior to the 67th play fine, both in the time line and in the bin but everything after that is juddery/missing frames even though shot at 50fps.

all theories and solutions very much appreciated.

bests

Dan

Return to posts index

Robert WithersRe: juddering/lost frames when modifying 50fps to 25fps
by on Jun 18, 2015 at 8:39:00 pm

This reminds me of when I imported a project into PP from FCP using the XLM files. About half the project imported, the rest was glitches. Solved by importing the second half of the timeline as a separate file.
Have you tried converting clips 1-60, then 60-120, etc?

Robert Withers

Independent/personal/avant-garde cinema, New York City

Return to posts index

Daniel HurleyRe: juddering/lost frames when modifying 50fps to 25fps
by on Jun 20, 2015 at 2:01:36 pm

Hi,

Yeah just tried importing the files that were juddering but it hasn't made any difference. Could it be the Anthony to do with shutter speed while filming?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]