ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Upgrading to Adobe CC.. How to prevent loss of work

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ashley DavisUpgrading to Adobe CC.. How to prevent loss of work
by on Jun 17, 2015 at 4:46:29 pm

So I am currently using outdated Adobe software and want to purchase the new CC.

If I delete all my current installed Adobe software. Will this delete all my adobe premiere pro projects? I am also currently working on a premiere project. Will this be easy to carry on working on when I have the new software installed?

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: Upgrading to Adobe CC.. How to prevent loss of work
by on Jun 17, 2015 at 6:49:03 pm

Uninstalling Premiere will not delete your project files, but you can install the newer version of Adobe software without removing the old version. I would do this until you verify the new one works on your machine.

Return to posts index

James StrawnRe: Upgrading to Adobe CC.. How to prevent loss of work
by on Jun 17, 2015 at 7:28:11 pm

BEFORE YOU INSTALL CC 2015, choose to keep versions side-by-side or overwrite. Details:
http://bit.ly/1TphtgU

Software Quality Assurance - Digital Video at Adobe Systems

Return to posts index

Michael RonRe: Upgrading to Adobe CC.. How to prevent loss of work
by on Jun 18, 2015 at 9:19:38 am

As others have said above, you can keep your currently installed CS version and install CC from scratch without removing your existing software.

As far as the current project, personally I would recommend to hold off on migrating to CC until you finished all your current work. You can try migrating the project into CC, but that would most likely cause bugs and crushing, especially if your migrating from CS directly to CC2015 (that would be a three-software-versions jump).
You can always try to install CC and open the current project to see how it works, but keep in mind that after you have done some work in CC you won't be able to re-open the project with older versions of CS.. So that might be risky if you start running into issues after doing major work on your project.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]