ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro CC 2015 - what happened to the 4 point garbage matte???

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicholas NatteauPremiere Pro CC 2015 - what happened to the 4 point garbage matte???
by on Jun 17, 2015 at 5:06:34 am

Has Adobe done away with the 4 point garbage matte??? I can't find it anywhere. It used to be in Effects window.

I need it to isolate skintone while reading the vectorscope.

Return to posts index

Trent HappelRe: Premiere Pro CC 2015 - what happened to the 4 point garbage matte???
by on Jun 17, 2015 at 5:38:06 am

Garbage mattes were indeed deprecated in CC 2105 (9.0), since the versatile Mask tools found in each effect provide the same (and added functionality). You could apply a Mask to Opacity that should meet your needs.

Trent Happel
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

Ivo SilvaRe: Premiere Pro CC 2015 - what happened to the 4 point garbage matte???
by on Jun 17, 2015 at 11:52:00 am

I used to create black bars by adding a Black Video/Black color matte, and then I'd use the four point garbage matte do hide the top and bottom 100 pixels. Then I'd use a Alpha Adjuse/Alpha Invert to create the black bars on top.

The advantage was that this was all GPU accelerated and I could save it as a preset. How can I replicate this now, inside Premiere?

Thank you.

Return to posts index

James PattersonRe: Premiere Pro CC 2015 - what happened to the 4 point garbage matte???
by on Aug 5, 2015 at 5:13:13 pm

Or you could just create a mask in photoshop and use almost 0 processing power.

Best

Return to posts index

Jay LeonardRe: Premiere Pro CC 2015 - what happened to the 4 point garbage matte???
by on Jul 18, 2015 at 8:05:16 pm

I believe they did. :( Check out this video for a work around:

Return to posts index

Ann BensRe: Premiere Pro CC 2015 - what happened to the 4 point garbage matte???
by on Jul 18, 2015 at 9:38:14 pm

Use the crop tool instead.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Joe BloemerRe: Premiere Pro CC 2015 - what happened to the 4 point garbage matte???
by on Aug 5, 2015 at 2:24:07 pm

An absolute basic function in editing. Removed.

All the editors I'm working with have begun to wonder if Adobe has any video editors working for them.

Anyone know why this would be removed?

Return to posts index

James PattersonRe: Premiere Pro CC 2015 - what happened to the 4 point garbage matte???
by on Aug 5, 2015 at 5:13:37 pm

People are seriously complaining about garbage mattes going when there's an infinitely better tool to use.

Best

Return to posts index

James StrawnRe: Premiere Pro CC 2015 - what happened to the 4 point garbage matte???
by on Aug 5, 2015 at 9:28:17 pm

[Joe Bloemer] "Anyone know why this would be removed?"
Because we have masking and tracking for most effects now.

Return to posts index

Robert MataxisRe: Premiere Pro CC 2015 - what happened to the 4 point garbage matte???
by on Sep 20, 2015 at 12:02:31 am

Thanks for posting.

Keyframe-able masks in the effects more than accomplishes the animation I used to create with four point garbage matte!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]