ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

PP2015: disable autoLUT on import - cannot disable all masterclip effects :(

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James AshboltPP2015: disable autoLUT on import - cannot disable all masterclip effects :(
by on Jun 17, 2015 at 12:43:48 am
Last Edited By James Ashbolt on Jun 17, 2015 at 5:18:53 am

Hey Guys,
I work a lot with footage from the Arri Amira. When importing the files premiere automatically adds a LUT on the clips master settings.
In the 2014 version I would just highlight all the clips and choose disable all master clip effects.
In the 2015 update however, this option doesn't appear to remove the LUT.
So annoyingly I would have to go through each clip and disable it one by one.
Does anyone have a work around for this?
Let me know,
ta,
- J

Return to posts index

Paul MurphyRe: PP2015: disable autoLUT on import - cannot disable all masterclip effects :(
by on Aug 13, 2015 at 4:49:51 pm

I just came across this issue myself. With Amira footage in 2015, Premiere automatically adds a LUT to each file that you cannot disable/delete. You can only toggle it off use the fx switch in the Master Effect panel. It also seriously bloats the size of the project.

My workaround (for now) is to import everything into a new project in Premiere and export it as an XML. Then I import the XML into my actual project. The LUTS are stripped out, and the project file drops significantly (I saw a file reduce from 150MB to 1MB).

If you still need to apply the Amira LUT, apply one to the master effect of a clip, copy it in the Master Effect panel, select all the clips in your project panel and paste. This does not bring the project back up to its original bloated size.

Return to posts index

Paul MurphyRe: PP2015: disable autoLUT on import - cannot disable all masterclip effects :(
by on Sep 2, 2015 at 1:05:39 pm

Actually, here's a much simpler workaround:
http://www.thepremierepro.com/blog-1/2015/9/2/amira-luts-and-project-bloat

Paul Murphy
http://www.thepremierepro.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]