ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Utilizing Morph Cut

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Austin AlbertUtilizing Morph Cut
by on Jun 16, 2015 at 4:52:33 pm

Hey all,

As many of you have done today, I have just installed the new CC 2015, and am extremely excited to start using Morph Cut. So far I've played around with it a little bit, trying to fix cuts in basic interview footage. So far its been working fairly well, I'm still trying to dial in exactly how many frames the morph should be, but I've been having issues with actually seeing the Morph Cut in action.

This may be an extremely basic question, but I was wondering if there was a way I can actually see what the effects of the morph are before export. When played over in my timeline, it basically looks like the frame is frozen, but the effect winds up working when its exported out of premiere. Maybe there is a setting that allows me to see effects at full quality in my timeline? I've played around with the viewer quality and that doesn't help.

I appreciate the help in advance.

Austin

Return to posts index

Austin AlbertRe: Utilizing Morph Cut
by on Jun 16, 2015 at 4:59:24 pm
Last Edited By Austin Albert on Jun 16, 2015 at 5:08:53 pm

I am using a MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz intel core i7 16 gb memory, with a NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB.

Running the most recent version of OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

I have ZERO other playback related issues besides this. My computer isn't capping out on RAM or anything basic like that. Its just dropping frames when playing over the effect.

Return to posts index

Andrew KimeryRe: Utilizing Morph Cut
by on Jun 16, 2015 at 5:43:12 pm

So nothing happens when you render the effect?

Return to posts index

Andy FieldRe: Utilizing Morph Cut
by on Jun 16, 2015 at 5:45:12 pm

I played with it and with the timeline in Yellow, it doesn't seem to play smoothly after it figures out how to do the morph on the cut...however if you render just "in to out" effects it does play smoothly enough to see what it will look like on output

Andy Field
FieldVision Productions
N. Bethesda, Maryland 20852

Return to posts index

Austin AlbertRe: Utilizing Morph Cut
by on Jun 16, 2015 at 5:48:46 pm

Thank you Andy,

for some reason when I have the entire timeline rendered it didn't playback correctly, however when I render in to out on a smaller selection it worked for some reason. I'm sure its a minor glitch that will be fixed soon. Thanks!

Austin

Austin Albert
Video Manager
Save the Children, USA

Return to posts index

Kevin MonahanRe: Utilizing Morph Cut
by on Jun 16, 2015 at 5:56:52 pm

Hi Austin,
Sorry you had some issues, but glad you solved your basic problem. I have a doc you may want to look at providing some tips and tricks: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/morph-cut.html

Thanks,
Kevin

Return to posts index

James StrawnRe: Utilizing Morph Cut
by on Jun 17, 2015 at 2:16:18 pm

[Andy Field] "I played with it and with the timeline in Yellow, it doesn't seem to play smoothly after it figures out how to do the morph on the cut...however if you render just "in to out" effects it does play smoothly enough to see what it will look like on output
"

This is correct. Let me explain a bit more though:

The render bars are just PrPro's best guess at whether or not it will be able to playback in real time. Yellow means that it probably will be able to but it's not sure. Morph Cut playback is extremely processor intensive for a built-in effect because of all the facial recognition, tracking and other things it needs to handle. So it often cannot play back in realtime without building render previews first. You need to choose 'render in to out' or 'render entire work area' depending on whether or not you have the work area bar showing or not. The enter key is mapped by default to 'Render Effects in to out' and since the morph cut effects are yellow in GPU mode it won't render anything that way. There are already several user requests to force the morph cut effect to turn red in GPU mode, but feel free to add another if you like... adobe.ly/BugReport

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]