ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

How do you export Audio Edls from Premiere?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott ClementsHow do you export Audio Edls from Premiere?
by on Jun 16, 2015 at 10:44:47 am

When I go to export edls from Premiere, I only seem to have one dialogue box. The only choice for exporting audio EDLs seems to be to export at the same time as picture, and the choices are listed as

Audio 1 - Channel 1
Audio 1 - Channel 2
Audio 2 - Channel 1
Audio 2 - Channel 2....etc.

Why would you export separate channels in an ED?. Also, you can only export 4 of these "Audio"s. I'm very confused by this. There don't seem to be the selection controls for making Sound EDLS that there are in Avid. Unfortunately, I have a sound person asking for sound EDLS and I have no idea how to give them what they want, coming out of Premiere.

Film Editor, London UK
http://www.scottclementseditor.com

Return to posts index

Dennis RadekeRe: How do you export Audio Edls from Premiere?
by on Jun 16, 2015 at 11:43:56 am

Scott,

I'm not an expert around this, but wondering if you might be able to utilize either OMF or AAF since you mentioned Avid? Those are valid audio export options as well.

Here's the help page on exporting projects: exporting projects

Return to posts index

Scott ClementsRe: How do you export Audio Edls from Premiere?
by on Jun 16, 2015 at 3:27:46 pm

Thanks, Dennis. I am giving the sound designer those files, but they don't come out of Premiere as well as from Avid. For example, there are no audio dissolves on the AAF and the OMF had all the levels flattened to -infinity.

Film Editor, London UK
http://www.scottclementseditor.com

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: How do you export Audio Edls from Premiere?
by on Jun 16, 2015 at 12:40:08 pm

[Scott Clements] "Also, you can only export 4 of these "Audio"s. I'm very confused by this. "

It's a limitation of the CMX3600 spec.

[Scott Clements] "There don't seem to be the selection controls for making Sound EDLS that there are in Avid."

Avid can make all kinds of EDL's that aren't compatible with the CMX3600 spec.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]