ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Fade up issues with PP 2014

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael BelangerFade up issues with PP 2014
by on Jun 15, 2015 at 3:11:41 pm

I did post this odd behaviour in an post by David Weis but thought it might get lost in the mix so to speak.

There is a real bug that I discovered... perhaps others do know about this or it has been reported....I found that if I faded on a graphic ... a jpg still for example let's say a picture of some sort..... if you fade that on and use an opacity setting of lower than 100 .. a half mix or superimpose if you will.... I found that when you rendered that out you got a noticeable blip in video level for that still... It would not fade up smoothly but hiccup at the top of the fade. My work around was to do a manual fade up using opacity keyframes... This only was an issue if the still was not full opacity. But this is a real pain. Not sure if this is related to the video card during play out or render out or just a software bug but it is entirely reproducible for sure.
I am using an Nvidia Quadro 4000 for mac so not sure if it is card related. I used to monitor posts on this forum alot but just have not had the time lately so if this is a known bug please disregard my rant.
In general I do like PP and the auto update of software but I have had many many instances where the software has done a "serious error" message and I had to relaunch the software plus work from a recovery file. I guess it is kinda elegant how Adobe has worked around the errors and crashes but in truth considering where the software is today it is a bit unnerving how buggy things can be. I have had instances where I simply tabbed from an older sequence to grab a couple files cut in another pre cut segment and then pop back to the current sequence .. do a paste and bam have the software crash on me. I hope I am the only one experiencing this because it does mean that there may be a compatibility issue that I might have. Anyways... theres the info ... digest or throw out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]