ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro CS6 CRAZY SLOW EXPORT!!! iMac 5k

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan RicePremiere Pro CS6 CRAZY SLOW EXPORT!!! iMac 5k
by on Jun 15, 2015 at 1:19:18 pm

Hello everyone ...
I seem to be having a little issue and hoping somebody can help me out. I just purchased a brand-new iMac 5K, 32gb Ram, 4.0ghz i7, 1 TB FUSION drive. I use it to edit wedding videos mostly. I am running Premier Pro CS6. And it opens very quickly within about two seconds, but performances slow. Real-time rendering is a little choppy and export is extremely slow. My projects you usually use AVC HD and some QuickTime files from a Canon 5D. The projects usually are around an hour and a half to two hours long. When exporting to mpeg2 DVD my export time can take anywhere from eight hours to 12 hours. Nothing is 2K or 4K footage all just 1080p hd.

I find this very interesting and frustrating because I used to have a MacBook Pro (died on me) and it would export out my projects in about an hour and a half to two hours, with only 16gb ram and a 256 ssd.

Is not having an SSD my problem?
It has never run this slow before. Anything helps. Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Dennis RadekeRe: Premiere Pro CS6 CRAZY SLOW EXPORT!!! iMac 5k
by on Jun 15, 2015 at 8:42:09 pm

Well, you have a newer mac and newer OS and graphics card which CS6 doesn't know.

1 - You would have to remove the .txt file from Premiere Pro in order to get your graphics card work.
2 - Make sure you're on the latest version of Premiere Pro CS6 - not CS6.0
3 - make sure the amount of RAM assigned to Premiere Pro is somewhere between 50-70% or 16-22GB of RAM to Adobe.
4 - All of your footage is longGOP MPEG4 which is challenging to scrub and is something we improved a lot with Creative Cloud.

Hopefully some of the above might help you.

Dennis - Adobe guy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]