ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Mixed 2K & 4K (with resizes) proxy offline/online workflow problem

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott ClementsMixed 2K & 4K (with resizes) proxy offline/online workflow problem
by on Jun 15, 2015 at 11:40:44 am

Hi,

I edited a piece partially shot 2K Alexa and 4K Red.

Because I was editing on a laptop, I made 2K ProRes LT proxies to work with. During the course of the edit, several resizes were made on both types of footage.

Now that the edit is done, I'm wondering how I'm going to pass this all off to the colourist. I'm assuming I should conform back to the original footage in Premiere and then export an XML. I'm relatively new to Premiere so unsure of the best way to do this. If I were in Avid, I would probably relink a duplicate sequence to the original footage and them copy and paste it over the sequence still linked to the proxies, so that I could make sure all the resizes were done correctly. However, I think in Premiere, I will have to relink everything in the project to the online quality material, so I have to be careful about screwing up all the proper sizing.

Does anyone have any ideas for the best workflow here? How to turn my edit with resized 2K proxies into a conform using mixed & resized 2K and 4K originals?

Film Editor, London UK
http://www.scottclementseditor.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]