ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

10 sec lag from too many LUTs

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Kelland10 sec lag from too many LUTs
by on Jun 15, 2015 at 3:56:54 am

I've just finished a 26min doco where system lag really drove me crazy. About 70% of the timeline was
native 1080P .mxf XAVC-I from a FS7 recorded SLOG2&3. With SLOG LUTs applied to those clips Premiere
would take 10 seconds (!) to update any changes made in the effects tab. Scrubbing and playback was pretty smooth though.

The 1st change to an effect/motion setting would be snappy but the next one would have the 10sec delay.
My work around was to disable all but the small section I was tweaking effects on. Then it performed as usual. When I disabled hardware acceleration the lag was only a second or two.

So, is there a limit to the amount of LUTs that can be applied in a sequence? If so - why??

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Cheers,

Mike

Mac Pro 2013, D700, 32GB RAM, Promise Pegasus2 R6.

Return to posts index

Robert ObergRe: 10 sec lag from too many LUTs
by on Jun 20, 2015 at 1:27:48 am

I've had the same issue since upgrading to premiere CC, and only when using Lumetri Luts. Updates hasn't fixed anything, and I've read about many others having the same problem. Supposedly it is a problem with the CUDA drive or something like that, but it is extremely annoying. Thank you so much for the tip about disabling all and working on individual sections only. It is time consuming to go back and activate every effect on every single clip, but it definitely is better than the horrible lag. Hope it gets fixed at some point.

Return to posts index

Michael RonRe: 10 sec lag from too many LUTs
by on Jun 22, 2015 at 7:15:31 am

What is your graphics card? Do you have CUDA (or drivers in general) installed and updated?

Return to posts index

Robert ObergRe: 10 sec lag from too many LUTs
by on Sep 7, 2015 at 7:30:44 pm

You know, this was driving me crazy and it slowed down my workflow so much that I even bought a new laptop thinking my old 2012 one was the problem. I am now working on the latest Macbook Pro 2015 with graphics: "AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB" ... have the latest CUDA installed... and the problem persists when working with Luts in Premiere CC 2015. Unbelievable.

Return to posts index

yves mignonRe: 10 sec lag from too many LUTs
by on Aug 21, 2015 at 3:25:52 pm

I'm having the same problem. Drives me nuts and I'm very reluctant to use LUTs on serious projects.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]