ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Masking a person in front a fire

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack DouglasMasking a person in front a fire
by on Jun 11, 2015 at 10:30:52 pm

Hi! I have 2 layers of video. One is a video of a person singing and the other one is a video of a flaming fire. I'd like to mask the person so that the fire doesn't show in front of him. I'm hoping the illusion would be that the fire is behind the person. I'm sure there's tutorials for something like this, but I don't know what to search for and I would really appreciate the help!

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: Masking a person in front a fire
by on Jun 11, 2015 at 11:33:21 pm

And the reason you're not putting the fire on the channel beneath the one with your human being, then rotoscoping the dude on the top layer is?

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Shane RossRe: Masking a person in front a fire
by on Jun 12, 2015 at 2:31:34 am

What you need to do to accomplish this easily...is shoot the person against a green screen. Then layer the person video on top of the fire video...Then you apply a simply green screen plugin and get rid of the green background. If you don't have them in front of a green screen, then you have a LOT of masking and compositing to do.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Jack DouglasRe: Masking a person in front a fire
by on Jun 12, 2015 at 6:54:35 am

Great info! I've already recorded the singing part in 4k and the singer has black clothes against black background, although it's lit in a way that the person clearly stands out of the background. I'm willing to do rotoscoping frame-by-frame if that's what it takes, since the fire part is only 10 seconds long. I believe this is a job for After Effects or can it be accomplished in Premiere? The shot is relatively simple so it'd be nice to do it in Premiere.

Return to posts index

Joe Barta IVRe: Masking a person in front a fire
by on Jun 12, 2015 at 1:57:05 pm

If you have After Effects, in includes a copy of Mocha, perfect for this kind of work. Look in the Animation drop-down menu at the top of the screen. Select Track in Mocha AE. There are plenty of tutorials online to learn the basics of Mocha.

Joe

Living the SuiteLife!
Stuff for editors http://www.cafepress.com/suitelife

http://www.facebook.com/pages/SuiteLife/1524456414462851?ref=hl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]