ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

CUDA on Mid 2014 Macbook Pro for Mercury Playback?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott ClementsCUDA on Mid 2014 Macbook Pro for Mercury Playback?
by on Jun 11, 2015 at 9:31:34 pm

Hi,

I don't know much about video cards, but would like to be able to utilise all the power my macbook pro can provide for Premiere CC. My understanding is that the Mercury playback engine in Premiere runs best using a CUDA card? I'm not 100 percent cure if I have one, but appear to on the surface. I need help confirming this.

I see on the system report section on my mid 2014 macbook pro that under the graphics/ displays section, I have two listings for video card: 1. Intel Iris Pro/GPU/Built-In and 2. NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M/GPU/PCIe. Under system preferences, I have "CUDA Preferences" and seemingly the ability to install updated CUDA software.

Does this confirm I have a CUDA card?

Film Editor, London UK
http://www.scottclementseditor.com

Return to posts index

Andrew KimeryRe: CUDA on Mid 2014 Macbook Pro for Mercury Playback?
by on Jun 11, 2015 at 9:48:13 pm

CUDA is basically a proprietary software technology developed by Nvidia so if you have an Nvidia card (which you do) you can install and run CUDA. With that being said, AFAIK, the difference between using CUDA and OpenCL is minimal if you are using Adobe CC apps (older versions of the apps from CS 5 and CS 6 were either CUDA-only or performed much better with CUDA than with OpenCL). Some users are experiencing problems while trying to use CUDA (sometimes just having it installed can cause the problems) so, if it was me, I'd just stick with OpenCL until Nvidia can resolve the issue.

Return to posts index

Scott ClementsRe: CUDA on Mid 2014 Macbook Pro for Mercury Playback?
by on Jun 11, 2015 at 9:57:56 pm

Great! Thanks for the info Andrew.

Film Editor, London UK
http://www.scottclementseditor.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]