ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Icon View

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lance MoodyIcon View
by on Jun 11, 2015 at 2:35:52 pm

Is it really not possible to see the label color in icon view?

This would seem like a no brainer.

Am I missing something?

Lance

Return to posts index

James StrawnRe: Icon View
by on Jun 11, 2015 at 4:14:58 pm

You're not missing something, that's the expected behavior. The purpose of the icon view is to put all of the visual focus on the media, including allowing users to scrub or play from there. You need to be in list view to see label colors along with other metadata set to display in the project panel. (you can use "Metadata Display" from the project panel wing menu to turn those on and off)

Software Quality Assurance - Digital Video at Adobe Systems

Return to posts index

Lance MoodyRe: Icon View
by on Jun 11, 2015 at 5:05:42 pm

Yeah--you might look at how Lightroom does it--subtly but helpfully, using that grey frame around the image. The exact same user need exists in PP.

One of my biggest gripes is how PP forgets the sort given to a bin. Why do I have to set that over and over again?

Lance

Return to posts index

James StrawnRe: Icon View
by on Jun 11, 2015 at 5:44:20 pm

[Lance Moody] "you might look at how Lightroom does it--subtly but helpfully, using that grey frame around the image."
Good suggestion. Please submit a feature request if you can.

[Lance Moody] "One of my biggest gripes is how PP forgets the sort given to a bin. Why do I have to set that over and over again?"
I'm not sure. However you lay it out in icon view should be sticky unless you start deleting, nesting or duplicating things. Of course list view always sorts as a list should and changes there will be reflected in Icon view.

Software Quality Assurance - Digital Video at Adobe Systems

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]