ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Adobe Media Encoder exporting old videos

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Owain HopkinsAdobe Media Encoder exporting old videos
by on Jun 10, 2015 at 11:08:48 am

I am having big problems with Adobe media encoder. It's much faster than Premiere's renderer but I have noticed it is exporting the wrong video.

For instance, If i decide to change a title, I save and then export to AME and it exports the older version without the recent changes.

Doe anyone else have this problem or does anyone now why this is happening?

Thanks in advance,

Owain

Return to posts index

Michael RonRe: Adobe Media Encoder exporting old videos
by on Jun 10, 2015 at 3:41:08 pm

Haven't heard of this before, but I have seen similar issues with missing frames in exports done via media encoder. I would try to trash render files and clear the media cache database and see if that helps at all.
Another thing that might help is trashing AME's preferences (you can just delete the entire AME folder inside your Documents folder - it will be recreated next time you launch AME).
Obviously if you have anything in the preferences you might need, make a backup of it first.

If after trying all the above the problem persists, more info on your issue might be helpful - Is this only happening with a specific project or is it a system-wide problem? What export settings are you using?
Do you see this issue when say, converting a file through AME, or is it just an issue with sending to queue through Premiere?

Return to posts index

Cliff RichhartRe: Adobe Media Encoder exporting old videos
by on Jul 6, 2015 at 7:01:55 pm

I'm having the same problem. I'm afraid I'm not much help, but wanted to say how frustrating it is. The only work around I've found is a system restart.

Return to posts index

Owain HopkinsRe: Adobe Media Encoder exporting old videos
by on Jul 13, 2015 at 5:06:03 pm

I rung adobe and the only solution the could suggest was to

*go to finder
*Click GO
*Hold down the option key to make library appear
*Navigate to Library/application support/adobe/common
*Delete everything in MEDIA CACHE & MEDIA CACHE FILES

Bit of a pain but this should clear it

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>