ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere pro export settings for Broadcast delivery?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron EisenbergPremiere pro export settings for Broadcast delivery?
by on Jun 10, 2015 at 2:32:59 am

Could someone please help with my export settings on a project I'm delivering to a TV station?

Here's what they're asking for:

File-Based Deliverables. We are a PC-platform Avid house and prefer files in formats that can be played in the PC version of QuickTime with the default codecs.

A QuickTime file 1920x1080 in the Avid DNxHD or FCP ProRes codec preferred. Other high quality codecs are acceptable but we can’t use the MAC version of DVCProHD. H264 is acceptable in high quality bit rates. We broadcast in 60i (59.94) so that is the preferred frame rate. The default audio codec at 48k, 16 bit stereo.

Here's my source:

1920x1080, 23.976 fps, Progressive

I'm running Premiere Pro CS6. Thanks.

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: Premiere pro export settings for Broadcast delivery?
by on Jun 10, 2015 at 4:12:16 am

So, download the avid dnx codecs and install them on your workstation. They are free. Use DNXHD 135, or a number close to that. Avid codecs are cross-platform.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Aaron EisenbergRe: Premiere pro export settings for Broadcast delivery?
by on Jun 10, 2015 at 7:59:53 am
Last Edited By Aaron Eisenberg on Jun 10, 2015 at 8:00:53 am

Great, thank you. I have them installed now and can access the option in Premiere but I haven't been able to find info online to explain what I should have everything set at...

Here's what I'm looking at:

And do you know why there are black bars on the image? I guess it's not a big deal since it's for broadcast and will probably be cropped...

Return to posts index

Jeff PuleraRe: Premiere pro export settings for Broadcast delivery?
by on Jun 10, 2015 at 1:24:21 pm
Last Edited By Jeff Pulera on Jun 10, 2015 at 1:27:13 pm

What are the specs of the original source footage/Premiere Sequence? You currently have output set to 23.976 frames, when the client requested 59.94i, and the black bars are due to the incorrect Aspect of DV (0.9) which for HD ought to be Square (1.0).

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]