ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

time remapping

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonny Webbtime remapping
by on Jun 9, 2015 at 2:20:52 pm
Last Edited By Jonny Webb on Jun 9, 2015 at 2:27:54 pm

I guess I've missed a step - but where...

I have a bunch of clips on my timeline, and I wanted to speed up the middle of one clip.
As advised by adobe I nested the clip. On the new sequence I did the time remapping, made the middle part faster, and the whole clip went from 20seconds down to 15s.

BUT, the original sequence now has (the nested) clip that's 15seconds of video and 5seconds of black.

what gives?

UPDATE - to fix this I cut the original (now a nested) clip and did a ripple delete. I honestly expected PPro to simply drag all following clips to the left by 5seconds.
Any explanation please?

UPDATE 2 - now I have blackouts in clips right down the end of the timeline. Why is my PPro not behaving like adobes instructions. (or is it, and they just don't talk about all the fussing required to actually use this feature).

signed, Mr-Getting-'Offed

Return to posts index

James StrawnRe: time remapping
by on Jun 9, 2015 at 11:18:45 pm

Why were you advised to nest everything before doing the time remapping? I'm not saying that's wrong, but I usually do it per clip because it can get pretty confusing otherwise.

The other two items which you added as edits later were n't really making sense to me. If you're getting blackouts while playing where you know there is video then that sounds like a driver issue. So updating your driver is a good place to start if you have not yet.

Software Quality Assurance - Digital Video at Adobe Systems

Return to posts index

Jonny WebbRe: time remapping
by on Jun 10, 2015 at 3:52:43 pm

thanks for the reply,

but
i)"As advised by adobe I nested the clip"
ii) definitely not a driver issue.

I think the changes from cs to cc for time-remapping were not thought through fully. the 'official' way does indeed make a pigs ear of timelines.

maybe I wasn't clear. see the hatch-lines in the pic.
The clip is shorter in the nested sequence, but not in the original sequence...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]