ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Pasting Effect Keyframe After Slipping Video

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hirum HorkwellerPasting Effect Keyframe After Slipping Video
by on Jun 9, 2015 at 5:50:32 am

Hello Editors,

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to paste keyframes for an effect to a clip after the clip has been slipped in the sequence?

Specifically what I'm trying to do is this:

I have a clip where every 5 frames the curve changes. I've got a sequence of keyframes that are all handmade RGB curves that I spent a lot of time on. Problem is I need to slip my edit and when I do my keyframes disappear. So in the effect editor I select the keyframes, right-click and choose "copy," then slip my edit... but when I hit paste nothing happens. So I'll create a new keyframe at the point that I want to paste the keyframes (my logic being maybe I need to have a keyframe down first in order to paste), but I still can't paste the keyframes I selected.

If I copy and paste a keyframe in the window without slipping the clip, it works just fine, but slipping the clip seems to lose copied keyframes.

Is there a way around this??

Thanks!

- H

Return to posts index

Hirum HorkwellerRe: Pasting Effect Keyframe After Slipping Video
by on Jun 9, 2015 at 6:08:42 am

FYI- I can't paste keyframe onto any effect after slipping the video, at least using the normal copy/paste method. Please someone tell me there's a way. How could something so basic be missing from Premiere?

- H

Return to posts index

Dennis RadekeRe: Pasting Effect Keyframe After Slipping Video
by on Jun 9, 2015 at 11:09:48 am

Don't know for sure, but have you tried the master clip FX in this particular case?

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/master-clip-effects.html

HTH,
Dennis - Adobe guy

Return to posts index

Hirum HorkwellerRe: Pasting Effect Keyframe After Slipping Video
by on Jun 9, 2015 at 6:29:57 pm

Hey Dennis,

Thank you! This actually solved my problem.

I wasn't pasting keyframes into the master clip. I didn't actually know that CC had introduced that feature (I'm a recent FCP convert).

Using the master clip I am able to copy and paste the keyframes to wherever I need them, so if I slip an edit in the timeline I have only to go back to the master clip and simply drag the keyframes to the new edit point.

I find it a bit odd that you can't just copy and past keyframes in edited clips after you've changed an edit, but hey as long as there's a solution.

Thanks again!

- H

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]