ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Dual system Audio on Premiere Pro CC 2014

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dale HildebrandDual system Audio on Premiere Pro CC 2014
by on Jun 6, 2015 at 8:47:42 pm
Last Edited By Dale Hildebrand on Jun 6, 2015 at 10:57:47 pm

Any guidance is appreciated. Starting a new project (feature film) and trying to sort out audio post flow. Here is what I have and what I want:

- R3D files (most 6K)
- Recorded dual system audio, plus simultaneously fed all the audio to Right and Left on camera. So in essence I have a guide track I can cut to.
- Merged clips in Premiere for the first 8 days of footage, but now thinking this is a mistake (footage is often out by a few frames, now I have to go in and fix, merged clips don't seem to retain markers). Want to correct this now before I get too deep into this.
- Merged audio clips have head and tail audio handles that constantly need trimming. If you trim the head to picture start in timeline, picture will be linked to the portion of audio you are trying to remove, not the parallel audio directly below the video track. As a result, you have to constantly cut a few frames in to the picture. This is very time consuming.
- I could just bring the clips onto a timeline, sync to head slate (even though I have timecode sync/jam for 99%), then "group" or "link" (audio, video A-camera and B-camera). However, if I "group", I can not double click to get image up on source window, I have to unlink all tracks then relink all tracks (Video & audio), then drag to a bin (where it asks to "merge" clip) to do this. So I'm back at square one.
- Pluraleyes?

Trying to find a solution that helps keep the premiere post flow/picture edit a little less clunky and faster to work with.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]