ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Proxies won't sync with timecode - Messing up multicam

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas StittProxies won't sync with timecode - Messing up multicam
by on Jun 5, 2015 at 12:27:34 am

I'm stumped here. Hopefully I can explain this clearly and someone knows what's going on.

2-cam shoot. Timecode sync.

I'm dealing with 2K Prores 4444. It's playing back choppy, so I decided to work with proxies. I used Media Encoder to create Prores 422 (Proxy) versions of my clips. When I load these clips up in the viewer, the timecode seems to match the original files (although strangely the proxy clip seems to be several frames longer than the original). So far so good.

With my original clips, I can confirm that they sync into multicam source sequences just fine using timecode.

However, when I do the same thing with my PROXY clips, it doesn't sync up at all. It's WAY off. This happens no matter how I bring the proxies in. If I make my multicam source sequences first with the original footage, then offline and relink to the proxies, it sends the clips out of whack. If I make a multicam source sequence form scratch using the proxies, it's out of whack. For some reason, these proxies, even though the timecode seems to be reading FINE, are refusing to sync properly using timecode.

I can sync the proxies into multicams okay by using in-points. But here's the pisser - As soon as I offline and relink to the originals, it gets all out of sync again.

I'm baffled. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Thomas StittRe: Proxies won't sync with timecode - Messing up multicam
by on Jun 5, 2015 at 7:49:42 am

Short update: I've found that Final Cut's Compressor program has done a better job than Adobe's Media Encoder. My Compressor Proxies are actually syncing.

My Media Encoder proxies are scrooged.

I don't know why.

More to come as I figure this hideous mess out.

Return to posts index

Thomas StittRe: Proxies won't sync with timecode - Messing up multicam
by on Jun 7, 2015 at 6:55:44 pm

Yeah, Compressor worked. So even though everything was reading fine on the Media Encoder files, they were NOT fine. I'll never be using this program to create proxies again.

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Proxies won't sync with timecode - Messing up multicam
by on Jun 8, 2015 at 10:34:01 am

I haven't had any problems with AME. What were the specs of the original files and what were your exact export settings in AME?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]