ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere AfterEffects Lightroom workflow

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill ChenPremiere AfterEffects Lightroom workflow
by on Jun 3, 2015 at 6:57:19 am

hi guys~ (new here)

im doing a film project.
just wondering if anyone have any suggestion using these 3 programs and the best workflow? ps. the reason im including LightRoom is that i like to use my VSCO film preset to grade. here is my plan. let me know what you think...

step 1: Premiere to edit,- save. dynamic link to AE.
step 2: AE, stabilize all footage, VFX etc - save
step 4: back to Premiere, export stabilized clips for LightRoom to grade.
step 5: LightRoom VSCO to grade all clips. export same clip names but to different folder.
step 6: in Premiere ( save as new project) re-link to graded clips - save
step 7: dynamic link to AE (new project), add motion graphics titles and output to final video.

what do you think of this workflow. any other suggestion to keep a backup edit? just in case there are client changes?

thanks

Return to posts index

Casey PegramRe: Premiere AfterEffects Lightroom workflow
by on Jun 4, 2015 at 12:51:26 am

You might want to try creating a set of LUTs from your favorite VSCO grades in Lightroom, rather than process the entire project in Lightroom, which could get rather cumbersome.

This can be accomplished with Resolve as well as Photoshop. The basic idea is to grade a shot the way you want it in Lightroom (with VSCO and whatever other adjustments), save the grade, and apply the grade to a generic .DPX file that is a type of color chart. This color chart file is a standard format that Resolve can read to recreate your grade by looking at the difference in the ungraded and graded file. Then you can save this grade as a .LUT that will work inside Premiere or AE, which should give you real time playback as well.

You could do the same process for each VSCO preset you plan on using and make your own custom set. The only thing you need to watch out for is that there are no vignettes or grain applied inside Lightroom when you export the look (you'll add those after the LUT).

This video explains it in more detail:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]