ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Sketchy playback with ProRes recorded from the Odyssey 7q + FS700

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chaddix MalchowSketchy playback with ProRes recorded from the Odyssey 7q + FS700
by on Jun 3, 2015 at 3:30:24 am

Hello,

We just shot a ton of footage for training videos using our Odyssey 7Q and FS700 combo at 4K prores (might seem excessive, but it's nice to be able to scale in when needed as a "3rd camera") paired with a 5dmkii as a B cam. Whenever I press play, i get some weird audio glitches, sounds like a Transformer or something, very digital sounding, and playback is glitchy, audio get unsynced on my display monitor.

My suite:
Intel i7 hexacore processor @ 3.4ghz
32GB RAM
ASUS mobo
Operating Drive is a 240GB SSD with SATAIII
Media Drive is a RAID10 using 6TB drives that are SATAIII as well
Geforce GTX 780
BMD 4K SDI Card with BMD 4K output monitor
Windows 7 Professional 64bit

My rig is pretty stacked and should be able to handle quite a bit. Resolve can playback the raw DNG files better than ppro can with prores. Is there some sort of driver I'm missing to playback this footage smoothly? Even when it's in 1/4 resolution, it still glitches almost equally as much. Any ideas would help a bunch.

Thanks in Advance,
Chaddix

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: Sketchy playback with ProRes recorded from the Odyssey 7q + FS700
by on Jun 3, 2015 at 4:47:50 am

Pernaps the two most important questions for you are:

1) What's the bitrate of the 4K video, as in mb/sec?

2) What is the throughput of your media storage array as measured by Read/Write speeds on either the AJA or Blacknagic disk speed test?

***BTW, is it direct attached storage, or is it being shared over a network?

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]