ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Is it possible to merge metadata in Premiere Pro?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tiffany ChungIs it possible to merge metadata in Premiere Pro?
by on Jun 2, 2015 at 10:09:52 pm

I am an assistant editor working on a documentary that will have a few editors and possibly an additional assistant editor or two.

Is it possible to merge metadata in Premiere Pro? So say I'm working on a Master Library project file of all the footage and I'm going through the clips and making notes, markers, etc. And then the editor is also looking through the same footage and he's making metadata notes and whatnot. Is there a way to preserve both metadata notes so they're not lost (one isn't overwriting the other)? Basically, I'm looking for a way to unify the work we've done. I know it's going to be inevitable that we'll both make different notes on the same video clip while we're in different project files.

If not, any suggestions or a workaround that isn't inefficient?

Return to posts index

Andrew KimeryRe: Is it possible to merge metadata in Premiere Pro?
by on Jun 3, 2015 at 5:49:27 am

I do not know if it's possible or not, but my guess would be no.

If you have all copies of Premiere set write XMP data and clip markers to the clips then Markers will be attached to the clip itself. For example, if you open up Clip XYZ, and add some markers to it then those markers will appear on Clip XYZ in the editor's project (assuming you are both sharing the same media as opposed to working off of duplicated sets of media). What happens if both you and the editor are adding markers to the same clip at the same time? I have no idea.

Return to posts index

Tiffany ChungRe: Is it possible to merge metadata in Premiere Pro?
by on Jun 3, 2015 at 9:34:50 pm

Hmm. Ok. Thanks!

I've briefly looked through search engine results that came up with Adobe Prelude. But I don't know if that's a program that can do what we need it to do.

I'll try out Adobe Support/Community and see if anyone there might have any suggestions or solutions.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]