ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro crashes when exporting

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam EastPremiere Pro crashes when exporting
by on Jun 1, 2015 at 3:38:42 am

I'm sorry if I'm really vague with my description, but I have virtually no idea what's wrong.
Basically Premiere Pro crashes every time I try to export a certain project. If I put it in Media Encoder, it just shuts down after a bit.

Intel Core i3-3240 processor
3.40GHz, 3MB Cache
8GB DDR3 SDRAM system memory
1TB SATA hard drive
Intel HD Graphics 2500
Premiere Pro CC 2014

I don't know what info is relevant and what isn't. I just saw lots of people post computer spec when asking for help...

I tried exporting small clips out before and it worked okay. I tried exporting large clips and it crashed again. I'm trying again to export each individual clip's worth of segment.

I did the cache clear and reset the preferences (Someone said hold Shift+Alt) but nothing seems to come out except these thing, useless clips of the whole video.

Any ideas? (PS, this is my first post. Sorry for how un-aware I am.)

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: Premiere Pro crashes when exporting
by on Jun 1, 2015 at 4:28:52 am

Your hard drive was probably formatted FAT32 at the factory, which has a 4Gb file size limitation. Try formatting NTFS under Windows. Move any files on that drive to a safe location, as reformatting will erase all files on the drive.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Sam EastRe: Premiere Pro crashes when exporting
by on Jun 1, 2015 at 4:36:03 am
Last Edited By Sam East on Jun 1, 2015 at 4:40:39 am

Is there a way to check what it's formatted as? I wouldn't know how to change it, anyway...

I mean, I've had pretty big files on my computer before, and it's estimated file is only 199 MB.
It's a ten minute long video with mostly text in titles scrolling or rolling.
I've been testing each individual clip for the past few hours, and found some of the titles were causing it to crash in certain points. I deleted the ones I isolated, but it still crashed.

Return to posts index

by on Jun 1, 2015 at 4:58:50 am
Last Edited By David Roth Weiss on Jun 1, 2015 at 5:01:39 am

I don't have a Windows machine here, and I can't remember precisely how to get to the Disk Manager in Windows off the top of my head. Your issue could be something else, but based on your original post, which said nothing about problem titles or anything else, I offered you a solution that is often the issue for many trying to export large files in a Windiws environment.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Yair BartalRe: Premiere Pro crashes when exporting
by on Jun 1, 2015 at 5:30:08 am
Last Edited By Yair Bartal on Jun 1, 2015 at 5:35:08 am

1TB SATA hard drive formatted FAT32 at the factory?
How did you figure that?
Doesn't make sense to me.

Anyway: In windows Explorer - right click on the disk icon and select "Properties".
You'll see there "File system".
I guess it says "NTFS".

Return to posts index

by on Jun 1, 2015 at 6:02:25 am

Many hard drives that come in factory enclosures come setup as FAT32 right from the factory. Bare drives don't, those designed primarily for Mac do not, but many do... If you've not encountered them you need to get out in the world a bit. :)

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions

Return to posts index

Yair BartalRe: Premiere Pro crashes when exporting
by on Jun 1, 2015 at 6:19:07 am

Well, I may need indeed to get out in the world a bit.
In the meantime, I'd appreciate a link to such a drive's info. I'm curious... :)

Return to posts index

Sam EastRe: Premiere Pro crashes when exporting
by on Jun 1, 2015 at 2:36:11 pm

It says NTFS.

I'm sorry I didn't mention anything about titles messing up. I didn't think they would cause a problem, since I had used them so much before.

I removed a few titles I suspected to be different then all the others, and it exported for a while. I suspected those titles because I copy/pasted the titles in the bin and just changed their name and content. ._. I didn't think it would have an issue, but maybe them transitioning into each other did something? I guessed I just confused it?

But I'm going to give those titles all their own new titles and see if it exports.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]