ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Premeire Pro CC Play Back issues

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Manav BhathalPremeire Pro CC Play Back issues
by on May 31, 2015 at 5:04:35 pm

I have 16gb of ram and am running an alienware m17 r2 laptop and am wondering why after a few seconds of playback im getting laggy video? my framerates are matched and i set sequence settings playback preview to really low quality AND the quality setting near preview window to 1/2 and then 1/4 and im still having this issue?

Return to posts index

Shane RossRe: Premeire Pro CC Play Back issues
by on May 31, 2015 at 5:12:10 pm

What type of footage are you working with? What camera did it come from, what codec is it...etc. And, what hard drive is this stored on? Connected how? What's the speed of the disk?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Manav BhathalRe: Premeire Pro CC Play Back issues
by on May 31, 2015 at 5:40:08 pm

It's footgae from a black magic pocket cinema recorded on prores HQ 1080p 24fps brought into davinci resolve delivered into individual clips of RGB uncompressed 10bit and then brought into premiere pro cc. this is stored on my 1tb D hardrive where as my main hardrive is a 120gb solid state drive which is on low memory currently. i b l believe the speed of my D disk is 5400 rpm

Return to posts index

Andrew KimeryRe: Premeire Pro CC Play Back issues
by on May 31, 2015 at 6:08:09 pm

[Manav Bhathal] "1080p 24fps... RGB uncompressed 10bit"
Yeah, that's not going to playback on a 5400 RPM drive or even a 7200 RPM drive. You either need to put the footage on an SSD or a fast, external HDD RAID.

Return to posts index

by on May 31, 2015 at 6:25:00 pm

But i just tried doing the same thing on adobe premiere pro cs6 and playback is phenomenally smooth and this is without rendering the only problem is my footage has these weird colored vertical lines going up and down?

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: Premeire Pro CC Play Back issues
by on May 31, 2015 at 7:27:40 pm
Last Edited By David Roth Weiss on May 31, 2015 at 7:32:46 pm

Msnav,

Andrew gave you the proper advice. Whatever performance your prior experience may have appeared to give you, it clearly wasn't what it should have been, because you came here in need of help.

For the record, this is science, and you simply can't cheap- out on media drive(s) or work from the perspective of the minimum specs needed to get by, especially if you're going to deliver 10-bit uncompressed, which requires a very beefy multi-drive RAID (4 to 8 drives) for seamless playback.

Furthermore, 10-bit uncompressed is an older, rarely used codec. You would do far better to use a h-performance codec such as Pro Res HQ of 4444 for mastering.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

by on May 31, 2015 at 7:29:59 pm
Last Edited By Manav Bhathal on May 31, 2015 at 7:31:30 pm

I managed to figure it out. I'm using cs6 instead of CC now and fixed the vertical line issue. CC just isn't meant for me I suppose.

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: Premeire Pro CC Play Back issues
by on May 31, 2015 at 7:54:49 pm

If you're saying that you're seamlessly playing 10-bit uncompressed off a single 5400 RPM drive, then I'd like some of what you're smoking.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]