ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Auto-Color manipulation question...

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gates BradleyAuto-Color manipulation question...
by on May 29, 2015 at 4:12:30 pm

I know people often rag on the Auto-Color/Auto-Contrast/Auto-Levels effect, but as I'm not a great colorist, I love it as a quick solution to normalize/naturalize a look. No it doesn't always work, but quite often it is a quick solution. Except for that damn flickering.

So my question is – does anyone know a way to manipulate Auto Color to maintain whatever settings it applies to the first frame of a clip, and hold it there, instead of readjusting for every frame? So basically have it be a static effect rather than a dynamic one? That would be fantastic.

Or is there any way to get under the hood of the effect to see what it is actually doing to a given frame?

I know this is a shot in the dark, but thought I'd try anyway.

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Auto-Color manipulation question...
by on May 29, 2015 at 8:10:14 pm

So you want a non-automatic automatic color changes? Why not learn grading?

Return to posts index

Gates BradleyRe: Auto-Color manipulation question...
by on May 29, 2015 at 11:32:03 pm

No, I would like an auto-color that doesn't regrade every frame distinctly, but rather once applied, whatever settings it is using, it sticks to those settings. As of now it recalculates the color settings for each frame, hence the flicker.

As for learning color grading, see the aforementioned bit about needing things done quick.

Return to posts index

Kannan RaghavanRe: Auto-Color manipulation question...
by on May 30, 2015 at 11:01:44 am

Try Hawaiki's Autograde2.0. Does a great job.

Kannan Raghavan
The Big Toad Films Pte. Ltd.

Return to posts index

Gates BradleyRe: Auto-Color manipulation question...
by on Jun 1, 2015 at 4:30:11 pm

Thanks so much for the recommendation. I'll be checking that out today!

Return to posts index

Randy MonRe: Auto-Color manipulation question...
by on Sep 24, 2015 at 1:54:44 am

I have this exact same question!

I want Adobe PP to do an auto color adjustment, but not a continuously adjusting color, but just a one and done, to avoid the constant change of color, but just help the sequence pop a little bit more. I'll check out the addon as well.
Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]