ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere & DNxHD Qt & mxf

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul DoughertyPremiere & DNxHD Qt & mxf
by on May 29, 2015 at 12:02:37 pm

I was supplied with a DNxHD Qt to edit with in Premiere CC and wanted to match that src setting for my seq. When I went to export this Seq "match sequence" (setting) it created a dot mxf file, not a Quicktime in this codec flavor which surprised me, thoughts? I really don't want this because although one can work with this mxf file in Premiere is has far less utility outside of it.

Follow-on question. How would I figure out why this mxf will play (import) fine in Premiere CC but not an mxf that came directly out of a AvidMediaFile folder (aka product of an Avid system and yes the mxf I just referenced was the "product" of Premiere)

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Return to posts index

Paul DoughertyRe: Premiere & DNxHD Qt & mxf
by on May 29, 2015 at 12:12:01 pm

I should add that the mxf came from an older Avid, an SD video file captured at 2:1

Return to posts index

Trent HappelRe: Premiere & DNxHD Qt & mxf
by on May 29, 2015 at 2:20:29 pm

Premiere only natively supports MXF export for DNxHD. For QuickTime DNxHD export, you will need to download the codecs from Avid. They can be found here: http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/download/Avid-QuickTime-Codecs-LE

I believe there may be some flavors of Avid MXF files that Premiere may not support. When you went to import the Avid file, did it provide a File Import Failure dialog with a message that file is not supported?

Trent Happel
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]