ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Corrupt Cloud Preferences

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eli MavrosCorrupt Cloud Preferences
by on May 28, 2015 at 9:48:32 pm

So, here is my problem. I was ready to jump ship from Adobe and go back to Avid (after having been a dedicated FCP7 user) because it seemed like every time I worked on a project, no matter where, it would just be buggy as hell...to the point of almost being impossible to edit. I had loved the CC feature of being able to port all of your preferences over with you from shop to shop by using the sync settings option.

Well, turns out I was porting all of my problems with me everywhere I went by using the feature, as it would appear that somewhere along the way my settings got corrupted!!! So many months and projects so many wasted hours ripping my hair out.

I would like to use this feature, but I want to basically reset my user prefs, but only know how to do that locally, not "in the cloud". As it stands right now, on my new computer that I just installed Premiere on, those settings didn't auto sync. But when I chose to sync them, the corrupt ones came back. How do I destroy those settings so that they are just completely gone from the cloud and so I can make new settings to take with me from shop to shop?

Thanks in advance.

Eli

Return to posts index

James StrawnRe: Corrupt Cloud Preferences
by on May 28, 2015 at 10:59:41 pm

You need to clear out all your preferences locally first. Hold shift+alt/opt on launch is a shortcut for that. You might also want to clean (and maybe even delete) your media cache files too.
http://www.provideocoalition.com/clean-those-adobe-media-cache-files
After that is done, then sync settings back up to the server. That should get you to a clean state, at which point you can start re-customizing setting sand uploading them again. I know that's not ideal, but hopefully it will resolve your performance problems.

Software Quality Assurance - Digital Video at Adobe Systems

Return to posts index

Eli MavrosRe: Corrupt Cloud Preferences
by on May 29, 2015 at 2:26:18 am

Thanks for the quick response James, but that doesn't seem to fix the problem. I cleared the local prefs using the key commands you recommended and also deleted the cache files. Despite this, Premiere still seemed to have my (local) custom keyboard settings, called "Eli_cc2014" afterwards. Note that these are new settings created on this computer, not the corrupt ones in the cloud.

Then I went into my sync settings and told Premiere to "always upload settings"

Then I chose "Sync Settings Now". It prompted me to enter my Adobe ID and password. After the program restarted, all of my old "cloud" keyboard layouts (which are corrupt) still showed up in my keyboard options.

The two bottom ones: "Eli_Keys" and "Eli_Nov" are old settings from last year that I can't seem to get rid of from the cloud...but they at least are a telltale sign that my cloud user settings are not being overwritten by my local user settings when I try.

Thoughts?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]