ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Eye Dropper in Three-Way Color Corrector

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Avrïl JacobsonEye Dropper in Three-Way Color Corrector
by on May 27, 2015 at 6:58:04 pm

I've recently made the switch to Adobe Premiere Pro from FCP, and I'm trying to mimc an old colour correction cheat. In FCP, I would use the eye dropper tool in the 3-way colour corrector to select a colour from one clip and apply it to another. (For example, if the light dropped during an interview, I could use this method to match the shade of a wall in one shot to the same wall in the shot where the light had dropped, so that the shots would roughly match.) I can see that there is an eye dropper tool in the Premiere Three-Way Color Corrector, but I can't figure out how to do this same move with it. Anyone out there know the solution?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

James StrawnRe: Eye Dropper in Three-Way Color Corrector
by on May 27, 2015 at 7:27:41 pm

1. Select the clip you want to color correct
2. Apply three-way color corrector to selected clip
3. Put the playhead over a frame of a different clip with the color you want (by default, this will not de-select the already selected clip, it only changes what you see in the program monitor)
4. Open Effect Controls Panel (which is still showing the effect(s) applied to the clip you selected at step 1)
5. Expand 3-way color effect parameters and use the shadow, mid tones, or highlights eyedropper to pick a color from the frame that's showing in the program mon

Software Quality Assurance - Digital Video at Adobe Systems

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]