ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Video won't insert into timeline,

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew BesantVideo won't insert into timeline,
by on May 27, 2015 at 11:59:40 am

Ok, so video and audio will both be inserted onto timeline when I create a new sequence by dragging onto the 'New item' icon.

When I drag a clip into an existing sequence which has the same settings as the video I'm dragging, only audio inserts into the timeline.

Checks:

>Tried dragging directly to timeline
>Tried clicking the 'Insert' button.
>Tried using 'Video only' drag option.
>V1, V2 etc are highlighted/enabled.
>None of the video tracks are muted.
>I have tried muting all the audio tracks to see if it would force video to insert neither video or audio insert.
>If I create a new sequence with the said clip and then copy it I can paste it into the original sequence that the said clip would not drag/insert onto to.
>If I select multiple clips and drag onto a new sequence using 'New item', they will all insert with both video & audio.

I found nothing on Google that came close except 2 people who had the opposite problem which was audio not inserting but their solution was they simply didn't have A1. A2 highlighted.

Return to posts index

David GoodmanRe: Video won't insert into timeline,
by on Sep 22, 2015 at 6:47:39 pm

I have this same issue with MP4 video files. Only solution I've found is to restart Premiere and try again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]