ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere CS6 interprets Quicktime 7 generated movie as half-resolution

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan LangdonPremiere CS6 interprets Quicktime 7 generated movie as half-resolution
by on May 27, 2015 at 4:17:10 am

System: OS X MAvericks 10.9.5 Quicktime Pro 7.6.6 Premiere CS6/AE CS6

I am joining Audio and Video using QT Pro 7. The video is a 1080p h264 .mov file I generated, with no audio.
The audio is a 5.1 .ac3 file coming from an audio facility.

When I open the resulting file in Quicktime or MPEG Streamclip, or even the finder, it recognizes the 1080p resolution. But when I open the file in any Adobe products, such as AE or Premiere CS6, both interpret the footage as being half the resolution, 960x540, and indeed they seem so within those Adobe programs...
The issue is that I need to send a file to a festival, and I can't really trust this file since Adobe thinks its 540p... other players might too, right?

How could I work around this? I have the original audio stems so I could generate a new file using Compressor, without going through QT Pro 7, but Compressor does not create Surround QT files with AC3, only AAC. And having the audio as Ac3 was part of the festival specs requested...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]