ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Is there an easy way to do this?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jake FamisherIs there an easy way to do this?
by on May 25, 2015 at 4:40:04 am

Hello,

I'm trying to make jittery text for a video, and I'm wondering if there's an easy way to do it.

This is an example I made by making a new title for each letter, and slightly cropping it in random directions. Are there any plugins or any easier methods to do this? Going letter by letter will take hours...

Thanks in advanced.

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Is there an easy way to do this?
by on May 25, 2015 at 6:16:47 am

[Jake Famisher] "I'm wondering if there's an easy way to do it."

This is really easy in After Effects.

Return to posts index

Dennis RadekeRe: Is there an easy way to do this?
by on May 25, 2015 at 10:35:54 am

1 - create comp in AE
2 - create text layer
3 - use a wiggle expression by alt+clicking on the position parameter stopwatch. wiggle(X,Y); X=frequency per second and Y=how much for the parameter you're modifying. "wiggle(3,50)" would give your text a random movement 3x per second by up to 50 pixels in any direction.

There are also a number of included text animation presets in AE that can be helpful in understanding what's going on.

Check out this: AE Expression Basics

Dennis - Adobe guy

Return to posts index

Jake FamisherRe: Is there an easy way to do this?
by on May 25, 2015 at 2:47:02 pm
Last Edited By Jake Famisher on May 25, 2015 at 3:24:38 pm

Thanks for your response. This makes the effect itself easy to make, but how would I make each letter wiggle slightly different from each other? (like I did in my example)

Of course, I could go letter by letter, but I wanted to know if there was a simpler way of doing this.

EDIT: Okay I figured it out. I selected the position effect and added the wiggly selector, works beautifully! :)

Return to posts index

Dennis RadekeRe: Is there an easy way to do this?
by on May 25, 2015 at 8:26:33 pm

[Jake Famisher] "This makes the effect itself easy to make, but how would I make each letter wiggle slightly different from each other? (like I did in my example)"

Try it out - the text animator is 'per character' by default meaning that each character will react independently and differently than the others.

Good luck,
Dennis - Adobe guy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]