ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Matte woes: i wanna scoot a video behind a box...

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tad newberryMatte woes: i wanna scoot a video behind a box...
by on May 21, 2015 at 11:03:06 pm

so, the video above is greatly helpful...but, go to 9:40 in it. this is where i'm trying to begin. i would like a box on my screen (really a cut-out) revealing the video behind it. i want that box to NOT move, but i want to move the video behind it so that the subject stays in side that box. this video link above ALMOST gets me to that position, but with the method above, when i move the video, the box on the top layer moves with it. i've tried moving the box to a layer below the video, applying the traveling matte to it, etc., but to no avail.

Does this make sense to anyone and can you help?

thanks for helping out a bonehead!

FCS3 / Adobe CC
3.33 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon Mac Pro
24GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5870
...and a few TeraBytes o' storage
(then it's on to PetaBytes, ExaBytes and MosquitoBytes!)

Return to posts index

Paul NeumannRe: Matte woes: i wanna scoot a video behind a box...
by on May 21, 2015 at 11:36:25 pm
Last Edited By Paul Neumann on May 21, 2015 at 11:43:28 pm

What I usually do is set up the moves with the box at 5% opacity. Then when I've got that all set I reset the opacity to 100%, nest the clip with the movement on it, then add the Track Matte Key.

Return to posts index

Ht DavisRe: Matte woes: i wanna scoot a video behind a box...
by on May 22, 2015 at 5:39:57 am

So you're showing a PIP style effect... Why not do a PIP style edit?

Render a copy of whatever you're putting in that box, at that exact size. Now you can place it over the top of itself, the same as your box really, but now it's another video layer all it's own, and will move on it's own. Move the lower video, and the upper video doesn't go anywhere.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]