ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Adobe Premiere CS6 conforming files destination

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Casey AtkinsAdobe Premiere CS6 conforming files destination
by on May 20, 2015 at 3:12:04 pm

I'm currently working on a documentary in Premiere and am having some issues with conforming. The project is stored on an external hard drive and I've set my scratch disks to be the same as the project folder. There is plenty of space on the external hard drive. Unfortunately, when I opened the project recently Premiere began conforming some of the files, apparently storing this information on my computer hard drive. I don't have a lot of space on my computer at the moment and lost 4 GB in a couple of minutes. Where are these files being stored and can I switch the location so that it uses my external hard drive instead?

Return to posts index

James StrawnRe: Adobe Premiere CS6 conforming files destination
by on May 20, 2015 at 8:53:44 pm
Last Edited By James Strawn on May 20, 2015 at 8:59:57 pm

For preview files: Go to Project Settings > Scratch Disks...
For media cache files: go to Preferences > Media

In either case, see the default paths listed for each item and use the browse buttons to set different directories as needed. There is also a checkbox in prefs>media to save media cache files next to originals when possible. And the default for preview files and other scratch disk settings is 'same as project' so that will of course cary depending on where your project is.

Software Quality Assurance - Digital Video at Adobe Systems

Return to posts index

Casey AtkinsRe: Adobe Premiere CS6 conforming files destination
by on May 20, 2015 at 9:09:01 pm

Awesome, thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]