ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Missing Renderer - PPro CC2014

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon DoughtieMissing Renderer - PPro CC2014
by on May 20, 2015 at 2:13:19 pm

We recently updated to CC 2014. Premiere Pro version is 8.0.0 (169) build.

System is a Dell T7600, 32GB RAM, nvidia K5000 card, WIN 7, only one display adapter, the nvidia, showing in Device Manager.

When we launch projects, it creates the new "_1" version as usual. But we also receive this message:

We have the latest drivers installed on the nvidia card as per the nvidia website. How can we restore GPU acceleration again? All was well in CC2013.

BTW, we cannot upgrade to the most recent version from the Cloud. That isn't an option for us. Our company cut a deal with Adobe to turn a massive update file over to our IT folks, who then roll it out months later. That's why this upgrade only recently happened. Even better, IT requires a full uninstall/re-install. So we have to redo/reset all customizations, render settings, etc.

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: Missing Renderer - PPro CC2014
by on May 20, 2015 at 3:31:33 pm

In addition to the Nvidia drivers your IT team need to install Cuda drivers as well. Just Google the driver, it's easy to find.

Meanwhile, it amazes me that IT Depts like the one at your company want to have so much input and control over technology, yet they do NO research on these matters themselves, leaving it hat part up to editing staff.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Alex UdellRe: Missing Renderer - PPro CC2014
by on May 20, 2015 at 3:45:39 pm

I'm guessing government work, with those guidelines...

:)

Alex

Return to posts index

Jon DoughtieRe: Missing Renderer - PPro CC2014
by on May 20, 2015 at 4:12:17 pm

They also didn't know we had to update the software for the BlackMagic Decklink card, but we figured that one out. We hardly use it now anyway, except to get picture to our external monitor.

Return to posts index

by on May 20, 2015 at 7:32:32 pm

Despite what the nVidia site reported, the most recent driver was NOT installed.

Installed the most recent driver. Problem solved.

NVidia's little Java-powered driver detector isn't always correct.

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: Missing Renderer - PPro CC2014
by on May 20, 2015 at 8:52:15 pm

You still need to install the Cuda driver in addition to the Nvidia driver to get GPU acceleration. However, be aware that many using it with Yosemite are having issues. I'm still working under Mavericks, and all is fine.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

by on May 21, 2015 at 1:07:43 pm

That's not an issue for me, David. We're a PC house. We now have hardware acceleration on both machines up and running.

Return to posts index

Mikey GrigoryanRe: Missing Renderer - PPro CC2014
by on May 21, 2016 at 7:37:00 am

I have this issue as well maybe with a lil difference.

I start my PC (Win 7-ult, Dual 8 core E5 2687W 3.10GHz, 64RAM, QUADRO K6000) and w.e program I start like Nuke or PremiereProCC2015, I see that it recognizes my GPU in preferences. But if I close the program and restart it, no longer recognizes it and I get the same exact "error".

I can see in GPUsniffer(programfiles/adobe/premierepro/gpusniffer) that it recognizes my gpu but.. well you understand the rest just a pain in the ass.

As for the driver, I have HPZ820 adviced driver for premiere pro which is NOT the latest K6000 driver. Now I've tested 4 different k6000 drivers and nothing helps Only time I can use GPUcuda(yes cuda 7.5 is installed) is when I first start up my pc. There has to be a resolution, an answer to this madness.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]