ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro performance on long projects

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William SchaadPremiere Pro performance on long projects
by on May 19, 2015 at 7:44:53 am

Hi,

This might be quite a farfetched question to hope for an answer to. However, perhaps someone here can share some knowledge.

We are currently working on a TV series which we are editing on Premiere. The show is halfway through shooting, and we are already starting to notice performance issues with premiere. Not specifically playback, but the actual software lagging. It takes a couple of seconds to perform actions and such.

We are also noticing similar issues with large commercial projects.

We are using a very clean workflow, editing in several different project and only bringing the used clips into new project files. Splitting everything up in separate projects to limit the size. However, even though we are taking all the persuasions the projects are still quite large in size.

I have already put in an order to upgrade the RAM on all edit stations in order to increase performance. However, I am wondering if there are any other performance tips and tricks which someone might have.

I'd be happy to add system specs etc if that is needed.

Return to posts index

Nils WelterRe: Premiere Pro performance on long projects
by on May 22, 2015 at 4:59:38 pm

Try to deactivate the duplicate frame markers in the timeline wrench menu. It's causing performance issues on longer timelines with many cuts.

Nils Welter
Adobe Certified Instructor - Premiere Pro

CBC Cologne Broadcasting Center
Cologne, Germany

Return to posts index

William SchaadRe: Premiere Pro performance on long projects
by on May 22, 2015 at 10:03:42 pm

Yeah we have tried that and that have helped some as well.

Got the new RAM so that did the work as well.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]