ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

CC 8.2 Dual Monitor White Screen Freeze no playback

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
blake farberCC 8.2 Dual Monitor White Screen Freeze no playback
by on May 19, 2015 at 7:44:26 am

I just updated from CC 7 to 8.2... Where I used my dual monitor non stop.

But now on my dual monitor set up isn't working at all. When I go to pref - Playback and select the monitor it turns the 2nd monitor white and nothing plays at all... when I turn off the 2nd monitor playback then everything is still not playing or even the program video is just black...

any idea why?

Thank you!

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: CC 8.2 Dual Monitor White Screen Freeze no playback
by on May 19, 2015 at 8:33:04 am

Have you tried updating your monitor drivers to the latest version? If not, that's probably the issue.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

blake farberRe: CC 8.2 Dual Monitor White Screen Freeze no playback
by on May 19, 2015 at 4:13:55 pm

Actually on my home system their just plugged into my laptop via thunderbolt. So I dont have a slot for the monitors. Works perfectly on every other editing software not this 8.2 for some reason...

Return to posts index

by on May 19, 2015 at 4:32:29 pm

Of course, and that simply loads the default display drivers, which is why your two monitor display is not working as you'd like.

Please, in the future when seeking advice, at least try looking into the advice before rejecting it. No one here is paid, and it's very frustrating to offer help only to have to write back again and again unnecessarily on the same topic.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

by on May 19, 2015 at 4:34:53 pm

But would you know how to fix them so they can work again? Just like it did on the previous versions.

Sorry about that! Didnt mean to come off of it the wrong way... just wasnt sure how to update them, especially if their apple monitors.

Thank you!

Return to posts index

by on May 19, 2015 at 4:46:20 pm

You need to get the drivers for the GPU, not the monitors. Go to About This Mac to find the manufacturer and model, and go to the website for the correct driver for your OS, etc.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions

Return to posts index

by on May 19, 2015 at 4:58:42 pm

Thanks for this info... is it something you plug inbetween the thunderbolt and the comp?

I have two older cinema apple displays... heres what it says

Sorry for the amateur questions. What should I do next?

Intel Iris:

Chipset Model: Intel Iris
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 1536 MB
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x0a2e
Revision ID: 0x0009
Displays:
Cinema Display:
Display Type: LCD
Resolution: 1680 x 1050
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported
Cinema HD:
Display Type: LCD
Resolution: 1920 x 1200
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Display Serial Number: 2A8310B1XMN
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported

Return to posts index

by on May 19, 2015 at 5:50:20 pm

Go to the Intel website and look for your onboard GPU to see if there's a newer driver. I have an Nvidia chip in mine, so I can't help you further. A trip to your local Apple Store might be in order...

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions

Return to posts index

by on May 19, 2015 at 6:20:55 pm

But I have a laptop so cant upgrade any graphics into the board in a laptop...

Just dont get how come the previous version worked with my 2nd monitor and just the new version blocked it... super strange...

Thank you for all your advice!

Return to posts index

Ryan WebberRe: CC 8.2 Dual Monitor White Screen Freeze no playback
by on Jul 23, 2015 at 2:45:09 am

For what it's worth, I was having a very similar (if not same) issue on my puter and found a solution.

My setup:
2010/12 Mac Pro
3.33GHZ 12 Core
64GB Ram
4GB Nvidia GTX 770 (MacVidCards)
OS X Yosemite 10.10.4
Dual 27" LED Apple Cinema Displays (ACD) as well as a client preview TV over HDMI.

This issue suddenly showed up for me a few nights ago with the 2015 release of Adobe Premiere Pro CC V9.0. I usually have display #1 setup to show the timeline and typical bins, etc. Display #2 and #3 are set to output a playback preview with Mercury Transit. Suddenly, my second display would only show white when hidden or in another app (could never see the second desktop). Oddly, with 'Mercury Transit' enabled in PP I could still work and see the playback preview on the second ACD...well sometimes...it would intermittently go all white. I checked for Nvidia driver updates, none. I removed/reinstalled the app, no success.

My fix was simple and a last ditch hope. Simply enabling 'Mirror Displays' in system preferences, then again disabling it, fixed my issue. I hope sharing this helps someone else out. This is the only thread I found on the net that came close to the problem I was having.

Return to posts index

Chris CulpRe: CC 8.2 Dual Monitor White Screen Freeze no playback
by on Aug 23, 2016 at 10:03:04 pm

Ryan, I had this same issue on a new Mac Trashcan running even newer versions of Premiere CC, and your suggestion fixed my problem as well! It was an annoying issue that rendered dual screen inefficient when referencing other apps and documents.

Cheers dude, thanks for the tip!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]