ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Time stops still - just how did they do that?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David HonanTime stops still - just how did they do that?
by on May 18, 2015 at 11:04:49 am

Hi from wet & cold York UK :-)

The above link pints to a short video clip where the producer has created a freeze frame effect whilst the main character walks amongst a frozen scene, I love it and and want to replicate it.

Is this achievable without green screen techniques?( I dont have green screen resources ). Would love to hear how this effect scould be replicated, i have the full abode creative suite so can jump to other applications.

One last query... is it ok to post "How do they do that" esque posts here? I looked across all other forum topic areas I couldnt find a match.

Thank in advance,
David

Return to posts index

Shane RossRe: Time stops still - just how did they do that?
by on May 18, 2015 at 3:12:56 pm

The best way to do this involves green screen. Any other way will require a lot of masking, and rotoscoping frame by frame. Extremely time consuming. And this requires careful planning too.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

James StrawnRe: Time stops still - just how did they do that?
by on May 18, 2015 at 6:12:52 pm

[David Honan] "One last query... is it ok to post "How do they do that" esque posts here? I looked across all other forum topic areas I couldnt find a match."
Yes it is.

But there are a lot of advance DV FX going on in that short, and we can't say for sure how they did it all. I saw evidence of rotoscoping, 3d modeling, keying and other effects. Most, but not all, of that could be done with a combo of PrPro, AE and PS, and they probably used several other tools as well. Shane is right though, green screen would be the easiest way to replicate something sort of similar to that on a budget but don't expect the end result to be nearly as elegant without a lot of time, skill and TLC.

Software Quality Assurance - Digital Video at Adobe Systems

Return to posts index

Jon DoughtieRe: Time stops still - just how did they do that?
by on May 18, 2015 at 7:46:25 pm

I recalled a couple of tutorials from Andrew Kramer at Video Copilot on this effect:

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/kramer_andrew/timeFreezeCow.php

http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/advanced_time_freeze/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]