ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Cannot save clips

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim BosjolieCannot save clips
by on May 18, 2015 at 12:07:47 am

I recently updated from Premier Pro6 2014 to Premier Pro CC, and find when I upload and save clips in the media browser they aren't really saved to the program when I disconnect the camera. What is going on?

Jim

Return to posts index

Alex UdellRe: Cannot save clips
by on May 19, 2015 at 1:03:53 pm

Hi Jim...

not sure I understand exactly.

Media browser is like a finder or explorer which understands structured media. It's not used to copy media, simply to interpret it, display it and load it into the current project from it's current location. It doesn't move the media from the camera or card.

best practice is to:

a) move the entire contents of the camera or card to project folder on your hard drive and use media browser to explore to that location for import into PPro.

b) you can use PPro's companion product, prelude to do partial ingests, transocde and rename media to a loction from the camera or card to your hard drive prioir to importing to PPro.

If I'm misunderstanding your needs, please let me know.

thanks!

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX

Return to posts index

Jim BosjolieRe: Cannot save clips
by on May 22, 2015 at 5:56:33 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I was coming to the same conclusion on my own but you solidified it. I have had a project that has been on hold for quite a while, but is now back on track. I started editing it with Adobe Premier Pro - circa 2014 and files were uploaded through an earlier imovie. Since I updated to Yosemite, everything has changed, and I had forgotten what I did earlier. So I uploaded my latest files to imovie and saved them as mp4s. These I could save in Premier Pro.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I really appreciate it.

Return to posts index

James StrawnRe: Cannot save clips
by on May 19, 2015 at 3:38:39 pm

For a simple test, try this:
1. browse to a clip in the media browser.
2. Right click on the clip in the media browser and choose import
3. Go to the project panel and see your clip

At this point, if your camera is disconnected, then either...
a) the media you just imported into your project will go offline (because you imported it directly from your device, which (as Alex mentioned) for most users is not the best practice) but will still be represented as offline media in the project panel.
OR
b) the media is still present, online and usable within your project and any open sequences (because you imported it from a local copy, which is preferred practice for most users).

If you're seeing other results, then you're either misunderstanding what the media browser does, or you are experiencing a bug which should be reported.

Return to posts index

Jim BosjolieRe: Cannot save clips
by on May 22, 2015 at 6:00:33 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your response. My problem has been that I have misunderstood what the media browser can and cannot do. Thank you for helping to clarify. Everything is fine now

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]