ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Scale to Default Frame Size

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David SmoothScale to Default Frame Size
by on May 16, 2015 at 9:44:57 pm

So I've got some GH4 C4K footage. Which is 4096x2160 rather than the standard 4k/UHD which 3840x2160.

I will be exporting in 1080p and in my edit will be mixing some slow mo footage captured at 1920x1080.

The problem is if I create a 1080p sequence I have to go through every C4k clip and scale it by half (from 100 down to 50) as it automatically crops in when you drop C4k footage into a 1080 sequence.

I tried using Scale to Default Frame Size which works however it leaves a minor black bar at the top and bottom of my screen.
Now as far as I can tell this is because of the extra frame size C4k offers over regular 4k (UHD) 3840x2160.
Is there any way I can make the footage import into my timeline scaled to fit the 1920x1080 without the black bars on the top and bottom?

I'd just like to streamline my edit as much as possible so I don't have to go through every C4k clip and change the scale.

Basically I want to edit C4k and 1920x1080 slow mo footage and export at 1080. I would prefer not to have to manually scale every bit of footage on my timeline just to make sure it fits together. I have been working my way through a fifth of scotch so I hope this all makes sense.

Cheers,
Dave

Return to posts index

Paul NeumannRe: Scale to Default Frame Size
by on May 17, 2015 at 5:25:15 pm

In the Distort folder in the Effects bin there is an effect called Transform. Apply this to a clip and use the scale properties there to resize the 4k to 1080 according to your tastes. Right click on this effect in the Effect Control panel and save as a preset. Highlight all your clips in the Project Panel and drag this preset on to one of them and drop. It will apply this effect to all the highlighted clips much like a Master clip.

Return to posts index

Ann BensRe: Scale to Default Frame Size
by on May 17, 2015 at 5:26:41 pm

Scale on clip to your liking. Copy, select all the others: Paste Attributes.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]